Scar & Warchild Converging on Reno

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I cannot contain myself further.

Sorry, War...I'm lettin' the cat out of the bag...

On Friday/Saturday (03-04OCT08), Warchild and I are meeting in Reno
to review a potential host hotel for the...

(aaaaaand...wait for it...)

2009 West Region Busa Stampede

Yeeeee-hah!!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Warchild is riding down from Eastern Washington State and I'm jetting in from San Diego. We will be the guests of the Peppermill Resort, potential host hotel for the aforementioned event. Check out the Peppermill!!!

"War" (as I affectionately refer to him) and I have never met...so, in addition to the planning meeting (potential event dates, ride routes, Saturday Banquet, secure/protected parking, housing accommodations/group rates, etc.) it'll be another 'first meet' for us both. Standard .oRg fare!

:beerchug: We plan on have a beer while we are there.​

War is building a website specific to this event, which we project will be launched by the end of October. All the necessary event information will be there (and here, as well).

Currently, we're looking hard at a couple of possible weekends near/at the end of Summer/early Fall, 2009; but that detail will be worked out within a couple of weeks.

Let us know if this event sounds interesting to you...​

...and...please stand by for the results of the standard, obligatory photo ops...

Nothin' but the best, ya'llz.​

:cheerleader:

I would love to have a .oRg event close enough for me to attend. Count me in!!!!!
I will drive down on the 'Busa from Seattle!! Lets get a group together to make Seattle-to-Reno trip. All cities in the Pac NW lets meet up on the way.
:poke: Portland:whistle:

I would love to have a .oRg event close enough for me to attend. Count me in!!!!!
I will drive down on the 'Busa from Seattle!! Lets get a group together to make Seattle-to-Reno trip. All cities in the Pac NW lets meet up on the way.
:poke: Portland:whistle:

This is a fantastic idea.

In fact, I was thinking it'd be a good idea to get a 'point-person' from each major metro area to charge the movement of their 'busa neighbors' to Reno (and home, if possible). Best to travel in groups, typically.

I'll put it on the agenda so we can do a 'call for volunteers'.

:beerchug:

Last edited:
Sounds like a blast! I know it has to be hard to try and get from the west coast over to the Bash.

Sounds GREAT :beerchug:

You might want to pick several potential dates so all of us travelers
have a chance to make it. The West Coast Track junkies are planning
to go to Alabama next year and we won't have the track schedule
until it is released sometime in Nov/Dec :thumbsup:

Very cool indeed! Lot of good riding around Reno! :cheerleader: Those with time, make sure to plan to explore a bit as Reno is in the shadow of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Sounds GREAT :beerchug:

You might want to pick several potential dates so all of us travelers
have a chance to make it. The West Coast Track junkies are planning
to go to Alabama next year and we won't have the track schedule
until it is released sometime in Nov/Dec :thumbsup:

We're working on dates and venues, Rich. In addition to meeting with the hotel staff, War and I are doing an event 'alignment' meeting while there, as well. Certainly there are a number of considerations to make. Obviously, at this juncture, everything is up in the air except the fact that we're going to do something. That is, we've pinned down a good location, a good time-frame, and a good potential host hotel. When it's solidified, further announcements will be made.

By launching this thread, we're getting an interest level from the crew that will help us negotiate the best pricing for everything (lodging and food).

Glad to hear you're onboard with the program in general, saddle-s!ut. :laugh:

WOW Scar!! Great news! I'm between bikes right now (don't ask, argh) but already have my Carson City dealer ready to order me a new 09 busa ASAP after the Las Vegas Dealer Show which will be held this Monday!
How exciting, especially me being just 30 miles south of Reno! More cool twisty mountain rides up this way than you can shake a stick at!! :cheerleader:

I am only about 250 miles from Reno...but if I'm Alabama with...

Lamb Busa
Charlesbusa
gtrpimp76
Devil Dog
Big O

I don't think we will be able to make it to Nevada :poke:

Oh Scar.............you'll undoubtedly be made aware of not scheduling the event during the last week of September. 35,000 plus/minus Harleys converge upon the Reno/Carson area to celebrate the annual "Street Vibrations" event. In fact, they're pouring over the Sierras as I type by the thousands! Non stop (literally) rumbling can be heard from the hwy that I'm approx 3 miles from!

WOW Scar!! Great news! I'm between bikes right now (don't ask, argh) but already have my Carson City dealer ready to order me a new 09 busa ASAP after the Las Vegas Dealer Show which will be held this Monday!
How exciting, especially me being just 30 miles south of Reno! More cool twisty mountain rides up this way than you can shake a stick at!! :cheerleader:

I've seen videos of some of the roads you b!tches have up there...same terrain as we b!tches down here have...different foliage. :laugh: Anyway, all joking aside, yes; you are blessed with awesome roads...and we'll be spanking them silly.

Hurry up and get that bike, yo! It must be killing you to not ride!

I am only about 250 miles from Reno...but if I'm Alabama with...

Lamb Busa
Charlesbusa
gtrpimp76
Devil Dog
Big O

I don't think we will be able to make it to Nevada :poke:

What's that? If the dates overlap you'll cancel your trip East? That's just fantastic, Rich. You guys are the greatest... Thanks so much.

<alarm clock goes off>

Well, I want all five of you to be at the Stampede, Rich, so please (please, please; (gawd I'm not good at begging)) let us know what the dates for this are as soon as you have them.

Alabama?

Oh Scar.............you'll undoubtedly be made aware of not scheduling the event during the last week of September. 35,000 plus/minus Harleys converge upon the Reno/Carson area to celebrate the annual "Street Vibrations" event. In fact, they're pouring over the Sierras as I type by the thousands! Non stop (literally) rumbling can be heard from the hwy that I'm approx 3 miles from!

Yeah...I was looking at Reno's ConVis calendar... I'm so sorry about the rumble...luckily, here in San Diego all we have is the occasional, predictably random earthquake.

Thanks for the head's-up...

Back