headlight adjust

ambulldog

Donating Member
Registered
do most of you adjust your low beam from factory setting? i put the hid low in my 08 and its bright as heck but think maybe it should be out further.

Yes, high beam is a 10mm box wrench, lower right, and low beam is up in there, top right. This adjustment is for distance. I raised mine from stock a long time ago. I get a good 75 feet on low now, and my high is ballistic !!! :super: Hard to run out of light now, and when cruising the valleys and canyon roads, my highs really light everything up !!! Awesome. :oldcool:

Almost all busas have the headlight pointed down from the factory. Best way I know of to adjust is to go in through the top. Remove the windscreen, inners, take the two bolts that hold the gauges and pull back. That will give you a wide open space to adjust. Best $$$ I have spent on my busa was HID by far!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Actually, if you take out the front wheel under-cover cowling (black cover above front fender-4 push-rivets), you can reach right in there without major disassembly !!!! :super:

That is the best way I found. Mine was pointed almost right in front of my fender. Hooray for HID, thanks again Eric!:cheerleader:

Actually, if you take out the front wheel under-cover cowling (black cover above front fender-4 push-rivets), you can reach right in there without major disassembly !!!! :super:

That works too, but with the gauges loose you can take the bike outside and adjust while seated on the bike. I wouldn't call taking off the windscreen and the inners major disassembly Spudley. I can do that in 5 min., but whatever works for you is fine and worth the effort to adjust.:thumbsup:

:cursin:i am glad someone finally tackled this issue...(unless i havent being paying attention) but, my question is how high do you think you should go? before you start blinding oncomers? What do you guys recommend? I know i prefer not driving at night due to the bad visibility of the low beam.:cursin:

:cursin:i am glad someone finally tackled this issue...(unless i havent being paying attention) but, my question is how high do you think you should go? before you start blinding oncomers? What do you guys recommend? I know i prefer not driving at night due to the bad visibility of the low beam.:cursin:

I adjusted it so that I was comfortable with the range I had, them aimed it to the right so that it would not bother oncoming traffic. Thats why I recommended pulling the inners and gauges, as it takes some trial and error. Best way I found was to get it out on a road at night and adjust away.:thumbsup:

While your in there, if you don't have HID, go to auto Zone and get you a silverstar bulb for $20. 100% better than the stock bulb.:thumbsup:

Way I set my height of my headlights after HID install was in a friends garage. For my bike which is stock height I set bike up at 17 Ft from wall and measured up the wall 32" and place a line of tape. The lowbeam cuts off is at this point which is 2" down from center of the bulb. For the Highbeam used same point which is centerline of Highbeam projector.

Slightly foggy night and you can see exactly where your headlights are aimed. Both of mine were pointed at the ground about 20 ft in front of the bike from the factory. PIAA bulbs and a little patience, now I can see and be seen.:thumbsup:

Slightly foggy night and you can see exactly where your headlights are aimed. Both of mine were pointed at the ground about 20 ft in front of the bike from the factory. PIAA bulbs and a little patience, now I can see and be seen.:thumbsup:

I went with the PIAA bulbs too.
They are great.

Thanks guys, I just picked up a 08 and drove it home in the rain at night. Both lights were almost 10 feet in front of the bike. I havent adjusted them yet, going to wait until dusk to start

Back