lowered her 1.5" and have a few problems now

dgmontoya

Registered
ok i lowered her and discovered a few issues. the front fender slams into the under side of the upper fairing under braking and hard bumps. i know i need a stiffer fork spring and i have it tighten up just past flush on the adjuster. is there a tighter fender to use. to stop this. also today i was riding in SF and going up a hill and came to an intersection where it leveled out befor going up again (like a step up) it sound like the whole belly scraped or exhaust, something and it didnt sound good. is this something i am going to have to learn to ride with or is there a fix

I only lowered mine 1 " in the front an have never had any problems with bottom out not sure what to tell you man.

I haven't gone lower than 1" in the front, and never had a problem. Maybe try going up that 1/2", it could be all you need to stop your problem.

i did two inches up front and adjusted the suspension for a 225 rider, and now my set up is for a 190 lbs rider.. just need to adjust depending on weight.. good luck...

Really need to shore up your front end if its stock. Sounds like rebound, so I'd start cranking my ajustments way up until your teeth start chattering, then back it off. If that no work, change the fork oil to something thicker. If you're not happy with that, then go fork springs (Trac Dynamics are good). As far as scraping the bottom, mine is also lowered, and you just have to be hyper aware when you pull into parking lots, and other sharp inclines or declines and try your best to hit them at angles, you may still bottom alittle bit but not as bad.

Mine's dropped a couple inches front and back. I avoid all speed bumps and man hole covers and as many dips as possible. The scraping is the header. I just got used to knowing what to avoid.

Lowered 2 inch front I have learned to avoid the manhole cover. I hear the scrape but still do not know what is scrapping. I found out last night when backing the bike out of the garage with front srapped and rear air down...it scrapes my 1inch step at the garage door floor.:banghead:

it appears i am just going to have to be more cautious and get some fork springs. also wouldnt it be the dampening to adjust not the rebound

I'm lowered two in front and rear not had any issues, sounds like you got busted fork seals or something. I could be wrong I'm not mechanically inclined.

as far as spped bumps .. i try to bunny hop them the best I can at slow speed..
1. slow down enough and get as far back as you can
2. blib the throtle as you push donw on the rear sets
3. stand as fast as posible while bringing the front tire up from the blimb
4. viola.. bunny hop a speedbump
5. PS don't try to wave at poeple while you are doing this or you will dump it...:cheerleader:
trust me nothing wil scrape.. I have a new belly pan and haven't scratch it yet...

as far as spped bumps .. i try to bunny hop them the best I can at slow speed..
1. slow down enough and get as far back as you can
2. blib the throtle as you push donw on the rear sets
3. stand as fast as posible while bringing the front tire up from the blimb
4. viola.. bunny hop a speedbump
5. PS don't try to wave at poeple while you are doing this or you will dump it...:cheerleader:
trust me nothing wil scrape.. I have a new belly pan and haven't scratch it yet...

:laugh:I use to do that on the 750 all the time.:beerchug:

First, remove the black underfairing above the front fender. You won't notice a difference in cooling, trust me. That should give you the room you need. If not, raise your bike up in slight increments till it doesn't rub. 1.5" up front is lowered quite a bit. Try running at 1.25 instead. Almost the same look.

i thought about taking that out but the thought of not having it there bugs me since my last bike was never in one piece

i have the same issue. mine is lowered about 1.5 inches. i removed the black plastic thing under the nose and that helped some, but still have it happen. i put my forks as hard as it would go, still did it. ended up i just needed to raise it like... not even 1/4 of an inch and had no issues.

as far as scraping, my rear is lowered 2 inchs, and i have that same issue every now and again, its kinda normal for people with lowered bikes, u gotta watch what u go over and how u go over it. when i took my bike to laguna last year and loaded it into the bed of my friends truck, i got the front tire up the ramps and then it would start scraping. had 2 take off the mid/lower fairings to get it up/in.

First, remove the black underfairing above the front fender. You won't notice a difference in cooling, trust me. That should give you the room you need. If not, raise your bike up in slight increments till it doesn't rub. 1.5" up front is lowered quite a bit. Try running at 1.25 instead. Almost the same look.

I thought about this one but decided against it because at speed I was worried about to much air getting up there,I seen a video on an 08 where someone left this piece out and it blew the side fairings right off the bike at speed

If you like the looks of your busa lowered,you may have to adjust your riding a bit to fit the stance of the bike as well as adding quite a bit of preload on the forks like others have said. Here in northern MO our roads have plenty of pot holes (more like man holes) but even at 2", I just have to give a little to get a little

May be how big a guy you are- I've had mine lowered when I first got it and never had a problem, but I'm only about a buck seventy...

From what I've read the bike's suspension is set up stock for someone about my size, many bigger guys have opted to put in springs more suited for them.

Try looking for Jinkster's suspension adjustment. That's at least a starting point.

Back