The 1% Moto Clubs

Adolf

Registered
Can someone enlighten me on this subject? What is the big deal? What are the hidden reasons behind people wanting to wear the patch?

ummm...they all want to be a part of something
rock.gif
?....and since they can't all be a part of the O-R-G...they fly something else as a flag
rock.gif
?.......

Actually, I believe, it's out of a neediness to belong to something, or some group that supports or elevates their self-esteem, and sense of self-worth....

rock.gif

Can someone enlighten me on this subject? What is the big deal? What are the hidden reasons behind people wanting to wear the patch?
C'mon I think you know why  
winkold.gif
 Its pretty obvious....I would imagine almost anybody can understand that....thats pretty basic human nature  
laugh.gif
 They want to feel like somebody. Some people don't feel they have any self worth, so they use whatever means they can to feel "better" or "special" ect. I think thats one of the most obvious things about people. Hell people here do it...its just a human flaw  
winkold.gif
 Some folks do handle it better than others though  
laugh.gif

So have we re-affirmed the answer you already knew? Aren't you glad you let us know you're not one of "those" types either in your own subliminal way  
winkold.gif
 Some folks spend they're whole lives trying to make everybody think they're something "special", while the important...but simple things (the things lifes really about  
winkold.gif
 ) like family, friends, and just enjoying the wonder of it all, get put on the back burner, and eventually disappear. Those same folks are never truly happy...and when they're on their deathbed wanting the important things, and the important things are gone, they die miserable and lonely. I watched it happen to my father in law, and its going to happen to my dad as well. In fact I'm going to have one last heart to heart with him before he isolates himself from the world, just so I know I did my best. Wish me luck  
thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

the 1%'ers are the outlaw clubs or members of them...the AMA was asked about the bikers at the supposed Hollister, California "riots" in the 40's and responded that 99% of bikers were good people and the remaining 1% were outlaws...the patch identifies that the wearer is part of that group
beerchug.gif

and not all 3 piece patch clubs are 1% clubs, most clubs have a tight brotherhood feel which isnt a bad thing. 1% clubs live and bide by their own laws and way of life, thats why you find alot of ppl who cant conform to a normal social way of life there. you will also find alot of vets in these clubs as well from when america shunned them when they returned from vietnam(so alot of them created a brotherhood type of life). alot of the younger ppl in the clubs now are there for the exact reasons as stated above. it seems it has lost alot of its original meaning

There are many different types of clubs out there...and most of them are just normal people like you and me.  The problem is that 1% has created such a stigma for the whole deal.

Rhythm and I created our club mainly for fun.  It started out as a bunch of guys who all shared the same values and interests who all liked to hang out together.  So we created a club out of it.  We took everything we hated about all of the other clubs and eliminated it.  The nice thing about our club is that being part of it, we have access to all of the members, and if we want to go riding, chances are there's someone else in the club that wants to go too.  We look for a certain type of character for our club and as a result, I know I can trust riding with any of them without having to worry about the BS.  So you ask why create a club if we already were riding together?  That's simple, because 'outsiders' that ride with us don't get access to our contact information.  There can be many reasons for this, most importantly is Trust.

Wearing the patch during rides is fun, they look good, and it also generates interest for potential members.  With us there's no need or wanting to belong, no anti social behavior.  Take all of your buddies, you've got a club.

Here's our Philosophy:

philo.JPG

There are many different types of clubs out there...and most of them are just normal people like you and me.  The problem is that 1% has created such a stigma for the whole deal.

Rhythm and I created our club mainly for fun.  It started out as a bunch of guys who all shared the same values and interests who all liked to hang out together.  So we created a club out of it.  We took everything we hated about all of the other clubs and eliminated it.  The nice thing about our club is that being part of it, we have access to all of the members, and if we want to go riding, chances are there's someone else in the club that wants to go too.  We look for a certain type of character for our club and as a result, I know I can trust riding with any of them without having to worry about the BS.  So you ask why create a club if we already were riding together?  That's simple, because 'outsiders' that ride with us don't get access to our contact information.  There can be many reasons for this, most importantly is Trust.

Wearing the patch during rides is fun, they look good, and it also generates interest for potential members.  With us there's no need or wanting to belong, no anti social behavior.  Take all of your buddies, you've got a club.

Here's our Philosophy:
Thats the true spirit of riding
ThumbsUp.gif

It's a social thing. I get tired of going to these big bike shows or rides and being by myself.

the 1%'ers are the outlaw clubs or members of them...the AMA was asked about the bikers at the supposed Hollister, California "riots" in the 40's and responded that 99% of bikers were good people and the remaining 1% were outlaws...the patch identifies that the wearer is part of that group
beerchug.gif
You hit it right on the head !!

And before if you rode in a group of people, with Harleys, Indians, and choppers, all tattooed up wearing the same insignia (sp?) on your leather,or jean jacket, and vests, you were considered an "outlaw club". Now you have soccer moms, and dads, doctors, lawyers, judges, and cops that put their "bad boy" outfits on every Saturday, and Sunday then play "bad boy biker". So now the "real" bikers lost their (whatever you want to call it), mojo, intimidation factor. So now they wear the 1%'er patch to tell everyone "hey I'm an outlaw, this is not my weekend costume" !!

If your really interested in learning about MC, MG, RC and what it all means, read the following:

http://home.earthlink.net/~rcvsmc-edu/index.html

If your thinking of starting your own club & flying a patch this might keep you intact...  Most clubs, especially the 1% clubs, take the MC life very serious & don't play around.

It's very possible that some of their members have been in serious trouble with the law before and will think nothing of violently taking your colors off your body and hanging it on their club house wall.

There is a dominant MC in your state, just check around. Each state normally has a COC - Confederation of Clubs. Google your state and COC and you'll probably find the link. That respective COC link will list all the MC/RC's that are members.

Alot of bike clubs make this required reading.

Perhaps the Mod should pin this?

If your really interested in learning about MC, MG, RC and what it all means, read the following:

http://home.earthlink.net/~rcvsmc-edu/index.html

If your thinking of starting your own club & flying a patch this might keep you intact... Most clubs, especially the 1% clubs, take the MC life very serious & don't play around.

It's very possible that some of their members have been in serious trouble with the law before and will think nothing of violently taking your colors off your body and hanging it on their club house wall.

There is a dominant MC in your state, just check around. Each state normally has a COC - Confederation of Clubs. Google your state and COC and you'll probably find the link. That respective COC link will list all the MC/RC's that are members.

Alot of bike clubs make this required reading.

Perhaps the Mod should pin this?
lol1.gif
anyone read that? "Must own Harley-Davidson motorcycle"

At least if you piss them off they won't be that hard to get away from.

that and a non-running bike is an excuse to get out of meetings, must have very few meetings...

ok not only an outlaw a mongral, hells angell, there are more than you think out there. ANd none really get along with each other like illinois is all outlwas but iowa is mostly hells angells. WHich they hate each other. there are a few videos. that show the hells angells what really happens i have been atround some of the local outlaws so cant say much

but i live by my own rules so am i a 1%er hmmm

Fortunately, we don't have to worry, because the kinds of people in our club just wouldn't put themselves in the kinds of places or situations that have created all of the drama with the ''motorcycle club'' genre.

Of all of the shows we've been to, there's never been a problem. It's the middle of the night, party at the club house crap that you have to worry about. Just like in regular life, you know where the bad $hit happens, clubs or not.

That being said people really need to stop generalizing their views towards a biker with a patch...that's nothing more than predjudicism like it or not. It goes both ways, riders with patches aren't any better either.

beerchug.gif

I feel us Hayabusa riders ought to start OUR OWN 1% club. Members of which have ridden any bike at least 170 REAL miles per hour at some point. I don't have stats but I'm betting less than 1% of all cycle riders have exceeded 170 MPH on bikes.

Could always go the Maxton in September or the Texas Mile in October and run a standing mile. Then you could say, Been there, done that, got my 1% T-shirt.

I feel us Hayabusa riders ought to start OUR OWN 1% club.  Members of which have ridden any bike at least 170 REAL miles per hour at some point.  I don't have stats but I'm betting less than 1% of all cycle riders have exceeded 170 MPH on bikes.
LOL

There is a club here in Central Ohio called the 200 MPH Crew...obviously if you want to get in you know what you gotta do. I've seen some of the bikes in that club, and it's obvious it wasnt GPS 200mph.

Back