Can't shift gears past 2nd!!!

Ok, Ok I'm freaky out! I orginally installed a new front and rear sprocket. I think everything is good with that. Now I installed a new rear set. And i now can't shift past 2nd gear. I tested the shift while riding. I went through the shift and it was hard but it went ok. I hadn't ridden for awhile and wnated to test the bike again and now it won't go past 2nd gear. I think it may be the clutch slave is not aligned!!!! Let the trouble shooting begin......!

Need HELP!!  I installed a new rearset!  And I'm having problems shifting gears.  Can anyone assist?
i had the same prob i rode it then i couldn't shift past second after i let it sit for awhile and then rode and it wouldn't shift it ended up being air in the clutch lines... just a tip but might not be it

is the rod too short or too long,Vortex rearsetcs come with two different rod lengths,the long one is too long and I think its used for a reverse shift pattern...what kind of rear set did you buy?

its probally in the adjustment on the rod, mine was, if you still have your old set try to match up the rod lengths

Follow up! Roc and I switched the rods and it worked great for awhile then I couldn't shift again pass 2nd!!! The long rod was to long and the medium on wouldn't work for long. So I'm thinking on cutting down the longest rod between the medium and the lonest one. Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback from all!!!!
beerchug.gif

Follow up!  Roc and I switched the rods and it worked great for awhile then I couldn't shift again pass 2nd!!!  The long rod was to long and the medium on wouldn't work for long.  So I'm thinking on cutting down the longest rod between the medium and the lonest one.  Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback from all!!!!
beerchug.gif
Don't cut anything.
wowold.gif

First, when doing this mod take a marker and "mark" where the stock cam on the splined shaft was. You can see the black dot if you look closely.

They don't manufacture these rods to be cut. Slow down, take a deep breath and adjust.

First guess you are off one or two splines.

r8

101_0104.JPG

Follow up!!!! I think I got it. It was that notch needing alignment between the clap that holds the rod. The actual notch is on the wall where the rod comes out.

Everyone thanks for the help.

Back