aftermarket steering damper

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering if any of you guys use an aftermarket steering damper. Do you feel the difference? Which one do you have? Please post pictures of you have them.

A lot of people here do the "steering dampner mod"(change to a heavier weight oil), and say it makes a pretty big difference ? I'm starting to think about getting one, Ohlins, or GPS. I don't like the way my bike has been feeling in the bars a higher speeds lately ??

HyperPro

Nice look.
Works very well.

Had done the damper mod. but never trusted it after, "The Incident".
cool.gif

AllansBirthday015.jpg

Any difference in between the 2 different types ? like the Ohlins (a rod type), and GPS (dial type) ?

Any difference in between the 2 different types ? like the Ohlins (a rod type), and GPS (dial type) ?
Physics says, the linear (rod type) damper, has the mechanical leverage advantage. Putting less stress on the fastening points during a moment of needed resistance. As well as, mechanically "Lighter" and "Simpler".

The advantage of a rotary damper is really only the compactness of it's size. And for racing applications "Size matters".

Both get the job done.
Just look at the application first, then pick the look you like.

thumb_up.gif

+1

I have a Scott's on every bike. The biggest advantage is being able to adjust it while riding. I turn it all the way down in the garage & slow turning. I usually ride w/ it in the 2:00 o'clock position. On the track I keep mine set at 4:00-5:00 o'clock.

I have a tobey that I took off the 750 race bike and replaced with an olhins. I'd be happy to part ways with it for $200. I also have an Ohlins rotary with a GSXR1K 05/06 mounting kit if anyone is interested in that one.

wifey threw it down and got me the Ohlins for my bday....yep, Im one lucky SOB
beerchug.gif

this things is BANANAS with speed in corners....I've just about demolished the sides of my front tire (cupping/worn tread) and I ride a friggin 9" stretched beast!
bowdown.gif
Ohlins is unreal handling upgrade at hi speeds-I cant even admit out loud how fast I've been while in a lean since adding this thing, considering my screen is paintd black and I have to tuck to get over 170 (185indicated)mph
firedevil.gif

interstates are a beautiful thing
cool.gif

*please disregard placement in the pic-the brace is on backwards dial is supposed to be on left side for left-hand adjustment while riding
beerchug.gif

bdaypresents_003.jpg

beerchug.gif

I have a GPR V1 that I can't use because I changed my top clamp. Its brand new, never been installed. If any one was interested in a pcking it up or a trade, let me know.

wifey threw it down and got me the Ohlins for my bday....yep, Im one lucky SOB
beerchug.gif
Alright Big D, Your wife is starting to make me SICK !!!!!!! NO ONE GUY should be so lucky !!! She brings you home Cuban's, and parts for the bike ? WTF !!! I mean COME ON, I could see her being like that if she looked like me in a dress, but she's HOTT !! You must be LAYIN IT DOWN, DADDY !!!

LOL !!!
laugh.gif

Guys, I decided to go with the GPR. I should be getting it the beginning of next week. Thanks for the inputs.

Back