Speedometer not working

tinmann840

Registered
I took her out this morning and noticed that all the gauges except the speedometer were working. Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this?

I'm no tech. here or anything but I found this in the service manual that I downloaded from here. Try checking the speedometer sensor? or any connections dealing with it maybe. Heres a quick snapshot. goodluck with it
thumb_up.gif

1913099dc89c57e332b695204ffaabf70f5a9a9.jpg

Ted, is this the same bike that you went down on? After I dumped my bike, all my gauges we never the same! They all screw with me now. One works one day and then the next it is something different....

that happend to my bike,I took the nose off 2x checked all connections,everything was tight,,said F-it,then a day later it was working,to this day I dont know what caused it

This just happened to me when I got my bike put back together with the custom paint job. I took it back to the mechanic and he just unpluged the gauge and plugged back in and it started working again and it is still working since he did that. He said it was just a fluck......

I've had a cluster go bad on a crashed bike.I had to replace mine.Itried a new sensor at the time but it did not fix it.

Ted, is this the same bike that you went down on? After I dumped my bike, all my gauges we never the same! They all screw with me now. One works one day and then the next it is something different....
I saw your post about that and was wondering what came out that situation. I took the sprocket cover off and cleaned all up behind the cover. I also took the nose off and tried reconnecting it. I'll try the sensor first and if that doesn't fix the problem then I guess I'll have to get a new speedo. Thanks everyone and you all have a great Holiday.

This just happened to me when I got my bike put back together with the custom paint job. I took it back to the mechanic and he just unpluged the gauge and plugged back in and it started working again and it is still working since he did that. He said it was just a fluck......
I would love to see that paint job Double D
banana.gif

Back