quick question

kennym4

Registered
When the dealer put my exhaust on (full Hindle) they took the pairvalve off, and blocked it off with screws. My question is.... where the hose came out of the airbox, is that supossed to be pluged ?

I just don't understand, why I'm getting backfires, even though my pairvalve is blocked off, It only happens under decel, but IT'S STARTING TO DRIVE ME NUTS !!!  
banghead.gif

pissed.gif

rant.gif

Could this be the cause of not having a custom map ?

the hose is no longer there, I'm talking about the part of the airbox where the hose would go into the airbox, that should be pluged also ? THANKS sHADY !!

yes... otherwise youll have a vacum leak. i have plugs at my shop i can plug them for yah if you cant get the plugs.

Ps- My name is Tito if you dont remember lol.

make sure you plug off both of thespots on the airbox where the 2 ran a small one kinda underneath the airbox and the big fat one on the rear right of the airbox.

I never knew there was 2 ??  I just pluged the big one on the right rear corner, and took it out for a ride, and it didn't backfire......until pulling back into my nieghborhood, nowhere near as bad as before
banghead.gif
 I thoought I had it. My exhaust sounded WAY better, maybe if I block the other one it will fix it ?

where is the little one you're talking about ?

i didnt know there was two but on the larger one can drop a marlble in there to seal it up.

I would make sure that your block-offs are sealed correctly. Also, did you replace the exhaust gaskets? It's possible that they are leaking, too.

I would make sure that your block-offs are sealed correctly.  Also, did you replace the exhaust gaskets?  It's possible that they are leaking, too.
I had the dealer do it (put on the exhaust), I didn't think they were going to remove the pairvalve, and they blocked them off with screws ??

kenny if you want you can ride down my way and i can look at it for you...

the big hose will not give you a vacuum leak.. it will however let "dirty" air into the motor... a blob of silicone will fix that..

Backfire: air leak either at blocked off ports (past the screws they ran in) or at exhaust gasket as stated by Omar... the motor backfires because it is getting a supply of fresh oxygen in the exhaust pipe

regardless I would run it back to the dealer and tell them it is backfiring under decel and you think there may be a leak (you could probably block the pipe outlet and find it yourself)

kenny msg Smithabusa and buy his pairvalve blockoffs ill put them on for yah if yah want they come with block off plates and gaskets problem solved
smile.gif
let me know.. bogus i was speaking more of the smaller line giving the vacum leak as its right on the throttle body.

Back