The Traveling Toaster

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay so this is the deal.... We wanted to have a roaming something that could be seen as an icon for the site... We started the roaming toaster at the Bash and the first person to hold the coveted toaster is RacerV.

The rules are simple......

1. If the toaster shows up at your doorstep you are required to take a picture of the toaster in your area. So maybe if you lived in NY then you could get a pic of the toaster with the skyline... We want to see where this toaster goes, if you dont have anything scenic where you live then take a pic of the toaster with your bike or something.....
2. You must sign and date the toaster along with your location with a magic marker.. Please dont write too big as this thing should be traveling a lot of miles over the next couple of years. Lots of people to sign this puppy....
3. How do you get rid of it? well you received the toaster because the person that had prior to you thought that you did something good for someone else or you just needed a little pick me up because you have been having some tough times. This toaster will be a reminder that there is a lot of people thinking of you and always someone there to talk to. If you have the toaster then you need to keep up reading on the board and then send the toaster to someone that you see has done something great for someone else or that just needs it.  This should continue on from person to person for some time to come.....
4. When you pick who you want to send it to then you need to get their address, if you cant get it contact and admin and we will go into stealth mode and see what we can do. Once you have it shipped you need to post up in the thread who you sent it to and why.....

Keep on the lookout for a box at your doorstep!

Let the fun begin...

cap

Great idea, Cap!
thumb_up.gif

Looking forward to see all the places the toaster goes!

If it shows up in Vegas, it'll go from the Strip, to the Strip-Club, out to Red Rock Loop, and then on the road it'll go.....
super.gif

i hope it comes to me so i can show it philly.. i got a few places in mind i can take it.!!!

This toaster may see things.... Things a toaster should never see... but hey! It'll have a hell of a time!

I can't wait to let Jack eat the toaster...I mean, lick, lick, he would NEVER actually eat it...no, he's such a great dog...

Good doggie
cool.gif

Cool idea - I can't wait to see where BigD takes it... if, by chance, it should make it to WI, that is....

BigD that cracks me up, you must have been desperate that day....
laugh.gif

Rumor has it that was a beer that has traveled near and far in much the same fashion as the toaster..... However rumor also has it that it was originally a full beer but when sent to Semi's house he was not much for tradition so he drank it...... From that day on it was known as the traveling beer can.

Back