Keith Code's California Superbike School

I think Busasweety (both of them) went to this ? They said there was a lean bike there, that really helped them. Where ever they went, it worked !! They both can RIDE !!!
bowdown.gif

Have you done at least one trackday before?  The superbike school is very good, but you will get 200% out of it more if you have a trackday under your belt.  It is not a requirement for the school but it will be a better use of your money if you are already use to the high performance riding, braking, and leaning on your bike.

Besides that quality school will hit you in the pocketbook.

It looks like I will be taking the school over the Memorial day weekend...

GREAT SCHOOL !!
bowdown.gif

we were just looking at the schedule and if it wasn't for the tranny problem van at the bash ...we still may try to goto VIR in end of MAY.
This is something Georgia and I have looked at as a GREAT spring catch up, dust off the cobwebs, continue to improve, EVERY year event. One day class mind you, $$ for 2 of us adds up.

We did the 2 day class each 2yrs ago, and it was the best life altering education we had.
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Not yet, but are you really riding a 1985 GS550ES? I hit a car broadside in 1987 on my blue/white 1984 model. I have part of the fairing on the garage wall.

Have you done at least one trackday before?  The superbike school is very good, but you will get 200% out of it more if you have a trackday under your belt.  It is not a requirement for the school but it will be a better use of your money if you are already use to the high performance riding, braking, and leaning on your bike.

Besides that quality school will hit you in the pocketbook.
Negative.  I've been riding for years but I've got no track experience at all.  I realize the cost of the school is "dramatic", but I see it as an investment and for this training I DO want the best instruction that I can get and it seems that these folks are the best game in town.

I'm also looking to take the course as a pre-cursor to becoming a Hayabusa owner.  Since I've little experience on modern liter+ bikes I figure that some training on high performance machines is a good idea BEFORE I get my own beast in the garage.  I'm well trained and versed in street riding (MSF BRC, BRC II, ERC, former instructor, DC courier) on standards, but I suspect that I'll need to learn a thing or two in terms true sport bikes.

Thanks for your thoughts!

GREAT SCHOOL !!
bowdown.gif

we were just looking at the schedule and if it wasn't for the tranny problem van at the bash ...we still may try to goto VIR in end of MAY.
This is something Georgia and I have looked at as a GREAT spring catch up, dust off the cobwebs, continue to improve, EVERY year event. One day class mind you, $$ for 2 of us adds up.

We did the 2 day class each 2yrs ago, and it was the best life altering education we had.
bowdown.gif
Well, perhaps I'll see ya there. I'm tryin' to work it out for this week (Pocono) or next (VIR).

While the money is serious, it looks like the opportunity to learn and have fun is just as serious!

bowdown.gif

Not yet, but are you really riding a 1985 GS550ES? I hit a car broadside in 1987 on my blue/white 1984 model. I have part of the fairing on the garage wall.
Yes indeed!  Got it for $0 from an uncle moving out of state that wanted to trim down his stable.  Mines an '85, pretty much bone stock.

Sorry about your luck...I did that with a cab that violated my ROW at an intersection in 1987 on 1973 CB350.  I survived with a scratched knee but my bike lost it's forks.
sad.gif
 Guess we're both on the lucky side to be here to tell the tale.  ;)

Ride, but ride safe!

PS: If ya wanna sell that fairing, check out THE website for all things GS: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php
Chances are you'll find a taker.

would love to do this (on their bike though..haha) will save the link for the next time they are at Pocono rw....14th and 15th is a little short notice.

for the ppl that have been there would you recommend 1day or 2day course for a level 1 rider

would love to do this (on their bike though..haha) will save the link for the next time they are at Pocono rw....14th and 15th is a little short notice.

for the ppl that have been there would you recommend 1day or 2day course for a level 1 rider
2 day course was great !! wore us completely out....rest the day before you start the class !
If money is not a problem....2 day !!!!
tight money .......1 day better than none !!! still @8hrs at a track with the education..
GOOD LUCK !!!!

Back