E M C O  OIL  FILTERS

sorry cant help only use oe may cost a few bucks more but im happy with that.
beerchug.gif

I've been using the Hiflo filter for the past 10k miles with no problems as of yet

Never heard of them. Heard of EMGO filters and they are supposed to be OK but I use K&Ns and after 22,000+ miles they're OK too.
thumb_up.gif

You don't mean EMGO, do you?

I wouldn't put an EMGO on my worst enemies' moped!

To prove a colleague wrong about OEM filters, I cut an EMGO, and an OEM filter open with a band-saw. After seeing the difference, he swore off the EMGO. I used the filter halves as a visual aid for my customers for years
guns.gif

To prove a colleague wrong about OEM filters, I cut an EMGO, and an OEM filter open with a band-saw. After seeing the difference, he swore off the EMGO. I used the filter halves as a visual aid for my customers for years  
guns.gif
Got any pics you can post up?

guns.gif
Got any pics you can post up?
Actually, I went looking for the filters this morning. have not found them yet. I have not seen them in years, so now I'm on a mission to find them.

I did not "gut" the filters, I sawed them open to show a cross section, and the differences were CRYSTAL clear. I clearly remember destroying three filters in the process of selecting the band, and speed for the saw.

Thanks, jjmethany for finding those shots of gutted filters. You can see the difference in the material, and construction in those pix. One thing that you can't see, is how the filter cans get crimped to the base plates. THAT is critical, and so is integrity of the threaded portion of the base plates (as in F-R-A-M).

Great pics!,Amsoil filter seems to have less filter media,OEM looks the best,but can't tell by pics....PEP Boy's sells Purolater brand,who actually makes that filter?,and is that filter,good or Bad? THX

Great pics!,Amsoil filter seems to have less filter media,OEM looks the best,but can't tell by pics....PEP Boy's sells Purolater brand,who actually makes that filter?,and is that filter,good or Bad? THX
I'd take a Purolator, or a WIX over an EMGO, period. I am using the stockers unti (if?)l something better comes along.

You ride your 'Busa on LI? You must run out of road FAST! I used to live a couple of towns west of Greenport, LI. While everybody was riding to Claudio's, we would be on the ferry to Connecticut and beyond.

I'd take a Purolator, or a WIX over an EMGO, period. I am using the stockers unti (if?)l something better comes along.

You ride your 'Busa on LI? You must run out of road FAST! I used to live a couple of towns west of Greenport, LI. While everybody was riding to Claudio's, we would be on the ferry to Connecticut and beyond.
I use Purolator filters,never had a problem..Yeah,we take rides to shelter Island from south fork to north fork,on the ferries...Claudio's?...is that a Restaurant in Greenport?

I use Purolator filters,never had a problem..Yeah,we take rides to shelter Island from south fork to north fork,on the ferries...Claudio's?...is that a Restaurant in Greenport?
Yeah buddy!

I miss those rides BIG TIME!

Yes, Claudio's is the restaurant at the end of Main Street in Greenport. Sunday is bike friendly day there. The Southold police are not as bike friendly, though. I have not been there in over 4 years, but my buddies keep me posted, and send pix.

Ride safe!

Sorry about the thread hijack!

Back