rotella t synthetic

bosshogg68

Registered
OK fellas, Just purchased this oil a I am somewhat hesitant about putting it in. Can someone help me. I need a little reassuring that I not Fu@#ing up.

Attachments

7.3 KB · Views: 170
Well, I don't know about the synthetic but ive ran regular Rotella in my Honda VFR for years with no problems. Good stuff IMO.

My friend and i used all of last year, worked great and no problems. In europe, a lot of motorcyclists use it. I'm going to use it in my 08 when i get about 4 thow on her.

We use rotella t heavy duty oil for all the oil changes in duramax trucks at the dealership I work at. Seems to work well in them. No problems. I can't speak for the motorcycle oil, but I imagine if the heavy duty stuff is good, the synthetic should be just as good.

Shell doesn't recommand using it in bikes. Its been a while back over on the Rotella/Shell forum. Some guy was posting using it done damage in his bike a "Shell" agent said show me where Shell ever recommanded for bikes.

I use the oil. I've been using it. I have used it in my past bike as well as the Busa. It's fine.

thats all i use its cheap at walmart never had any probs
thumb_up.gif

I'm sure it will work just fine. As with any oil, regular change intervals with new filters is imperative.

I would not use it personally, as I use oil(s) with motorcycle specific additive packages in them. I view it as "It's the world's greatest motorcycle, not a piece of farm equipment".

I used to service high-end printing presses. Back in the day, Shell Rotella-T, and other Rotella gear lubes were industry standard. As years went by, and technology advanced, the materials used in the press gear boxes, trans-brakes, etc. got more exotic. As this was the case, many manufacturers switched from the old standby Rotalla, to some fancy lubes made by Kluber, and Fuchs (Silkolene, anybody?). I know, I know, a 'Busa isn't a printing press. It's just an analogy. The 'Busa has a complex, well engineered engine. I would suggest treating it as such.

There's tons of oil brands and types to choose from, just use common sense, and YOUR best judgement.

Well I guess im a wuss, or maybe a wise man. I put the rotella in, crank the motor, let it run for a few minutes, and a tear rolled from my eyes. I felt as if I was doing harm to my little girls. I think im a pretty good father to my children, a good husband to my wife. Why in the hell would I treat my mistrees, my lover with anything other than what she deserves. I drain the oil and refilled with mobile 1 mx4t. Then I rode her like there was no tommorow. I didnt have to beg her to put out. She just gave me all she had, almost couldnt handle her.  
drools.gif
 Shes a real beast on the streets. Never think of half assin her again.  
smile.gif

IMGP3747.jpg

read up on it, make a informed decision. the new cj-4 5/40 syn was tested and passed.its not labled as for that but a great oil choice just the same.have used it for years.maybe just good luck,but its worked great ot date.

Back