Anti-Bike Missile

MiwaRob

Registered
So I was riding along the highway with my buddy when out of nowhere this beige blob runs into my front wheel. The wheel turns full lock one way and then the other way and I lowside. Thank goodness for my protective gear, though my jacket did little for my stomach as I slide feet first.

As soon as I am down and slide to a stop I instinctively crawl off the road asap. I try to take of my helmet but my hand is slippery from the blood. The EMT's show up and whisk me away, but not before 5 fat turds of cops show up and try to blame me. "Looks like a typical runner" "What were you guys doing?" "We don't see any dog" the sweat hogs say. At that point my riding buddy and the then witnesses to the even chime in "That is BS, he has never run from the cops, or even had a ticket in 7 years" "Look up the road you lazy POS and you will see a dead pitbull" "I was following them since such and such town and they were not speeding."

Then the cops cant wait ten minutes for my buddy and his truck to show up, so they call a tow truck. The tow guy tries to wrap a chain around the bike and just drag it on the flatbed. My friend says he is going to kill him if he tries that. So the EMT, witnesses, and him pick my poor baby up and put it on there.

What a night, lesat the nurses were hot and nothing is broken. Sorry if any of the story is haerd to follow i am baked on vicoden,lol.

Anyone know if hitting a live animaal is considered an act of vandalism or of god? As far as insureance goes?

In Canada you need extra insurance called "comprehensive" to cover collisions with animals on the road. Basic insurance usually doesn't cover it. If you're not covered, you may have to try to go after the owners who had their dog runnin-at-large, as we call it. Problem with that his finding them and then proving it was theirs. If you can locate the body maybe it has an owner tag.

Wish you a quick recovery.

Mike

Sorry about the crash. Good luck with the healing. At least you are able to post today. Good on you for wearing the gear
ThumbsUp.gif

If the Busa can be fixed post up the parts you need and some of us may have something extra laying around. For, example I just replaced my stock cans if you need them.

Hitting an animal is an act of god.

Sorry for your damage....glad you had gear.

check to see if there is a leash law in your area... if so try to find the owner of the animal and get them to pay.

So sorry to hear about the crash, but I'm glad you're here to post...

Heal fast and take it easy on the old vicodin...
smile.gif

yes it falls under comp as stated...hopefully you have comp.

HOWEVER...most likely you have a deductable. You or the owner of the dog will have to pay that. If you can find the owner then they should flip the entire bill. Any license on the dog?

DUDE THAT SUCKS...MY BOY AND HIS GIRL JUST WENT DOWN ON FRIDAY....HES GOT A BROKEN COLLAR BONE AND HIS SHOULDER IS BROKEN IN LIKE 3 PLACES..GIRFRIEND OK THOUGH BRUSED PRETTY BADLY...I THINK SHE GOT SOME STITCHES....SOMEONE TURNED IN FRONT OF HIM AND BOOM...HOPE EVERYTHING OK WIT YA...

As everyone else said thank god for the gear

ohhh and btw where are the pics of these hot nurses it in the
rulez8bn.gif

spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif

spank.gif

spank.gif

spank.gif

spank.gif

try to find the owner... Texas law the animal owner is responsible for damages incurred if animal was outside confines of the owners property. had a few friends hit cows that were on the road (in cars/ trucks)1 one hit a dog before, and the owners insureance had to pay. good luck getting the owner to own up, unless you were able to get the rabie tag.

The laws in OK are about the same I believe, you are responsible for your animal. With State Farm, hitting an animal is on Comprehensive, and does not count towards claims. You still have the deductible, but they will not raise your rates because of it. Now if you just locked up and went down without hitting anything, then it counts. At least that is what my agent told me. He even told me it was better for insurance purposes if you are going down to hit the animal and not try to miss it. WTF?

Glad to see your fingers are still working!

Heal up fast, and get the bike up and running!

I'm really sorry you got hit by the motorcycle god's sh!t-hammer. I'm also really disturbed by the lousy attitude exhibited towards you by the police. Totally unprofessional, and unacceptable. You have witnesses, file a complaint. That is no way to treat somebody that is in need of assistance. Especially if they have not done anything wrong!

The laws in OK are about the same I believe, you are responsible for your animal. With State Farm, hitting an animal is on Comprehensive, and does not count towards claims. You still have the deductible, but they will not raise your rates because of it. Now if you just locked up and went down without hitting anything, then it counts. At least that is what my agent told me. He even told me it was better for insurance purposes if you are going down to hit the animal and not try to miss it. WTF?
In Ind. any claim at all raises your rates. In my case they said the most it would go up is 10%. That may be because I've never had a claim before. 2nd claim may go up more
winkold.gif

Hopefully you can find out the owner. But depending on the neighborhood your in, they may be renters or dont have homeowner ins.

Glad your okay and had gear on.
thumb_up.gif

Ouch sorry to hear about your luck! glad to see you ok to be on the boards here. Even if it's drug induced! Hope dog had tags. Think leash law is nationwide for dogs. Making owner responsible. A lot of homeowners insurance company's ask if/what type dog you have when giving quotes cause of the liability.

Sorry for the bad news, heal up an mod the bike.

Got some questions if you can,
You were wearing a helmet and jacket, but no gloves? Or did they fall off during the crash. You said "I try to take of my helmet but my hand is slippery from the blood."

What kind of jacket? Leather or mesh? How did it hold up? Will you have to replace it?
Got pics of your gear.

Thanks in advance.

That's so badly handled. I hope you find the owners. If you do don't forget about the gear too. Glad to hear you're o.k. though.

Back