Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Top Gun
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    so a while back when i added the ext swing arm to my bike, and then tried to get the tire on.. well, it was pretty much a huge pain in the butt because the rear wheel would be up against the handle and id have to "juggle" the swingarm to get the tire in there. so i was wondering what yall with ext swing arms are doing/using. i thought about getting a rear stand and cutting the bottom/sides and welding a 4" tube. so basically its 4 inchs longer and this was it will "work" anyone tried this?
    2001 Hayabusa

    lowered 1 front, 2 rear, M4 exhaust, Ti header/ CF muffler & PCII, +6 Catalyst fiberglass tail, +6 swing arm, '99 Alum. Subframe, Alum. Triple Tree, C/F front fender / chain guard / inner panels / mirrors, AirTech Slammed fiberglass tank, Vortex -1 +2 sprockets, EK 530ZZZ gold chain, air shifter, PUIG smoke DB, BMC Race Filter, Galfer S/S lines, APE Clutch, APE HD springs, 1 piece clutch hub, Clear Clutch cover, APE cam chain tensioner, Shinko R003 120/70 & 200/50, next..cams

  2. #2

    thebbbusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westerville, OH
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    my stand uses paddle like feet that lift using the swingarm or extensions instead of spools. Some


  3. #3
    Seasoned Pilot big coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Motoboss stands.
    BigCoop

  4. #4
    Seasoned Pilot Hot Rod Harv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St, Louis Mo.
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I have an extended swingarm and I got the $89.95 (plus S&H) for BOTH stands deal from www.flyncycle.com

    They work fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2004 Black/Purple (the fastest color)
    With Big Bird 4-2-1,
    Pair removed,
    Air box mods,
    Factory Pro V-Stax, Velocity Stacks
    K&N Air Filter
    Polished frame,
    0-6" polished TCC swing arm,
    Lowered 1&1/2" both ends,
    Vortex rear sets,
    Drilled rear brake bar,
    Under tail section,
    MPS Air shift/on board compressor,
    Zero gravity windshield,
    Hayabusa emblem seat,
    Barnett Clutch with Total Chaos Billet Cover,
    "Carbon Fiber" Tank bra,
    Heli bars,
    Billet top tree chromed,
    Video Camera Tank Mount

    MAP by Jessie Gatlin Racing ( St Louis Mo.)

  5. #5
    Top Gun
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Harv @ Apr. 19 2008, 7:02 AM
    I have an extended swingarm and I got the $89.95 (plus S&H) for BOTH stands deal from www.flyncycle.com

    They work fine.
    those look like they would work alot better then the others i have seen. most have the handle go at like a45* angle where those are lower. ill have to get those
    2001 Hayabusa

    lowered 1 front, 2 rear, M4 exhaust, Ti header/ CF muffler & PCII, +6 Catalyst fiberglass tail, +6 swing arm, '99 Alum. Subframe, Alum. Triple Tree, C/F front fender / chain guard / inner panels / mirrors, AirTech Slammed fiberglass tank, Vortex -1 +2 sprockets, EK 530ZZZ gold chain, air shifter, PUIG smoke DB, BMC Race Filter, Galfer S/S lines, APE Clutch, APE HD springs, 1 piece clutch hub, Clear Clutch cover, APE cam chain tensioner, Shinko R003 120/70 & 200/50, next..cams

  6. #6
    Seasoned Pilot Hot Rod Harv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St, Louis Mo.
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZIROC @ Apr. 19 2008, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Harv @ Apr. 19 2008, 7:02 AM
    I have an extended swingarm and I got the $89.95 (plus S&H) for BOTH stands deal from www.flyncycle.com

    They work fine.
    those look like they would work alot better then the others i have seen. most have the handle go at like a45* angle where those are lower. ill have to get those
    They are great, just put a drop of oil on the pin when you put them together so it will rotate smoothly when you raise it.
    Don't forget to put your kickstand down, BEFORE you take your bike off of them....

    They make oiling your chain a breeze too.

    You will like them, they are very sturdy.
    2004 Black/Purple (the fastest color)
    With Big Bird 4-2-1,
    Pair removed,
    Air box mods,
    Factory Pro V-Stax, Velocity Stacks
    K&N Air Filter
    Polished frame,
    0-6" polished TCC swing arm,
    Lowered 1&1/2" both ends,
    Vortex rear sets,
    Drilled rear brake bar,
    Under tail section,
    MPS Air shift/on board compressor,
    Zero gravity windshield,
    Hayabusa emblem seat,
    Barnett Clutch with Total Chaos Billet Cover,
    "Carbon Fiber" Tank bra,
    Heli bars,
    Billet top tree chromed,
    Video Camera Tank Mount

    MAP by Jessie Gatlin Racing ( St Louis Mo.)

  7. #7
    Canuck Ground Pilot
    _WOLFMAN_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    773
    Images
    2

    Default

    This is the stand I will be ordering to go with my Canadian Mike 0-6" Stretched 600 Arm in May.
    http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchan...._stands



    Attached Images Attached Images  

    04 Hayabusa, Tsukigi Exhaust, Tobin Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Powercommander, Catalyst Undertail, CM Swingarm, Traxxion AK-20, Penske 8983, Carrozzeria Wheels, Revolution Rotors, Galfer Lines and Pads, Spencer Cycle Top Clamp, Adjustable Kickstand and Billet Rear Caliper Hanger

  8. #8
    Top Gun
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Hmmmm
    2001 Hayabusa

    lowered 1 front, 2 rear, M4 exhaust, Ti header/ CF muffler & PCII, +6 Catalyst fiberglass tail, +6 swing arm, '99 Alum. Subframe, Alum. Triple Tree, C/F front fender / chain guard / inner panels / mirrors, AirTech Slammed fiberglass tank, Vortex -1 +2 sprockets, EK 530ZZZ gold chain, air shifter, PUIG smoke DB, BMC Race Filter, Galfer S/S lines, APE Clutch, APE HD springs, 1 piece clutch hub, Clear Clutch cover, APE cam chain tensioner, Shinko R003 120/70 & 200/50, next..cams

  9. #9

    thebbbusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westerville, OH
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _WOLFMAN_ @ Apr. 19 2008, 5:45 PM
    This is the stand I will be ordering to go with my Canadian Mike 0-6" Stretched 600 Arm in May.
    http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchan...._stands
    As long as your arm has spools....

  10. #10
    Seasoned Pilot Hot Rod Harv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St, Louis Mo.
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Harv @ Apr. 19 2008, 2:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AZIROC @ Apr. 19 2008, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Harv @ Apr. 19 2008, 7:02 AM
    I have an extended swingarm and I got the $89.95 (plus S&H) for BOTH stands deal from www.flyncycle.com

    They work fine.
    those look like they would work alot better then the others i have seen. most have the handle go at like a45* angle where those are lower. ill have to get those
    They are great, just put a drop of oil on the pin when you put them together so it will rotate smoothly when you raise it.
    Don't forget to put your kickstand down, BEFORE you take your bike off of them....

    They make oiling your chain a breeze too.

    You will like them, they are very sturdy.
    I just changed the front tire and the axle bolt was tight; no problem taking it off, or putting it back on, they worked like a dream.
    It's back together now and ready to hit the streets.
    I like the dual wheels, they automatically balance the arm out, and do not try to twist or anything, like a single wheel might.
    The price is good too, $89.95 for BOTH, I have seen higher prices for just one.

    On a side note; I had to make a tool to take the axle apart. I used a 5/8" bolt and nut, which has a 15/16" head.(that happens to be the same size of the hex "hole" in the axle)
    I welded the nut to the bolt and insert the bolt head into the hex end of the axle. I use a 15/16" socket on the nut and it works so easy.
    2004 Black/Purple (the fastest color)
    With Big Bird 4-2-1,
    Pair removed,
    Air box mods,
    Factory Pro V-Stax, Velocity Stacks
    K&N Air Filter
    Polished frame,
    0-6" polished TCC swing arm,
    Lowered 1&1/2" both ends,
    Vortex rear sets,
    Drilled rear brake bar,
    Under tail section,
    MPS Air shift/on board compressor,
    Zero gravity windshield,
    Hayabusa emblem seat,
    Barnett Clutch with Total Chaos Billet Cover,
    "Carbon Fiber" Tank bra,
    Heli bars,
    Billet top tree chromed,
    Video Camera Tank Mount

    MAP by Jessie Gatlin Racing ( St Louis Mo.)

  11. #11
    Seasoned Pilot

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Senatobia, MS
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. We cover this for you guys...

    Ian
    http://redlinestands.com/wideswingarms.htm

  12. #12
    Professional Pilot woodwheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineStands @ Apr. 23 2008, 7:20 PM
    Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. *We cover this for you guys...

    Ian
    http://redlinestands.com/wideswingarms.htm
    Do you have any stands that fit a 300 without spools?



    07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 1000
    08 HAYABUSA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •