zx-14 and no dampener

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
So how does the 14 get away with no steering dampener as stock?

Because it just sucks that bad, they felt no need to put any more money or thoughts into.......Ok I am done. I really dont know, maybe some sort of friction bearing that does it..

You know, Motorcycle mags can say all they want about it.  I sat on one and rode it and it felt disposable.  

Oh yeah, and it's fuggin ugly as god awful sin.

argue.gif
This is a busa board,but the 14 is not disposable.And looks its all in the eye of the beholder.I have owned two busas and now a 14,I like the looks of both.Just my 2cents

argue.gif
This is a busa board,but the 14 is not disposable.And looks its all in the eye of the beholder.I have owned two busas and now a 14,I like the looks of both.Just my 2cents
The 14 is an awesome bike and I like the looks of the 14 vs the 08 hideous tail Busa.

Love my '06 the best though
tounge.gif

Steering dampers aren't always necessary. I don't have one on my Busa and don't think it needs one either. I've had them on very few bikes, I actually prefer not to have them.

For the record, I'd take a ZX-10 over a ZX-14.
tounge.gif

I rode the 14 and it does ok with out it. However I felt it was rather tippy at slow speeds. Great bike just not for me, Give me 2 Gen 1 Busa's in my garage before I would buy a 14. It's just not comfortable to me.

I have an 07 busa, so I take the suzuki side on this one.... The 14 would be better if they would remove that katana seat.... and the 08 busa would look better if they would redesign the tail.... just my two cents

It doesn't need one. The George Foreman grills help w/ headshake & tankslappers.

Personally I won't ride a bike w/out a steering damper - Scott's on all my bikes.

So how does the 14 get away with no steering dampener as stock?
Well the truth is tha Kawi knows real riders who will push their bikes to the limit will ride Busa's

Since 14 riders really dont push their bikes and will never really go that fast anyone they figured they could save the money and people probably wouldnt notice anyway
whistling.gif

poke.gif

laugh.gif

It doesn't need one. The George Foreman grills help w/ headshake & tankslappers.

Personally I won't ride a bike w/out a steering damper - Scott's on all my bikes.
How do the side fairings help?
banghead.gif

No matter what ya do with a 14 it still makes me wanna
puke.gif

Dampener/Dampner is used to "dampen" vibration modes, often good handling bikes will have these. Many things contribute to this problem. Rather than change design(to less agile), it's sometimes easier to treat the symptom(with the dampner).

Link to good related website:

http://www.dinamoto.it/DINAMOT....de.html

Cant remember where I got this good link, sorry if stolen from another post
sadnews.gif

How do the side fairings help?  
banghead.gif

No matter what ya do with a 14 it still makes me wanna  
puke.gif
I believe it`s called sarcasm?  
laugh.gif
Well of course its sarcasm... but it is documented on the 14 sites that after a good burger grilling on the side of the ZX14, headshake is reduced by the grease accumulation.
laugh.gif

It looks like a spider coming at you & something from the 80's from the rear
tissue.gif

laugh.gif

Back