Frame Sliders

blitzburgh

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has ever used these or are currently using them? Here is a link to the sliders.

Spiegler Sliders 

I'm wondering it these are offet enough to actually be a no-cut setup. I did notice they are $$$ you buy the mount seperate from the actual slider. They actually show the setup for a 03 GSXR 1000 but they do make it for the Hayabusa.

Haven't seen them before either, but doesn't look like they would provide too much protection.

my wifes 03 R6 has them and they work awesome!! the design keeps the bike straight if it goes over and it does work that way as hers did the job, not a scratch on the fairings........ so yeah I would endorse them for sure.... the brackets they make hold up big time... they are not spiegler but actually from LSL in Germany....

just my 02$ worth...

cool.gif

Thanks for the replys guys..

The pics on the website show a before and after a 55MPH lowside(I think that was the speed). I just wish they had a pic of what you would have to trim on a Hayabusa. I'm not about to cut some 6" square out of my fairing. But if it is about the same size hole as the normal sliders, I might be looking at getting these...

Thanks for the replys guys..

The pics on the website show a before and after a 55MPH lowside(I think that was the speed). I just wish they had a pic of what you would have to trim on a Hayabusa. I'm not about to cut some 6" square out of my fairing. But if it is about the same size hole as the normal sliders, I might be looking at getting these...
I don't know too much about the sliders, but I'm with you on cutting the fairings. It seems to defeat the purpose if you have to cut a huge hunk out of the parts you are trying to protect !!!
banghead.gif
Hopefully they don't require that...
beerchug.gif

I'm gonna ask a question and don't flame me but do you all actually think FRAME sliders were made to protect the plastic?

Most sliders made today require cutting or some plastic modification....I ask cause I see folks so worried that if the bikes fall over are they gonna work..Yes they work to save the frame but there isn't gonna ever be a slider to save the plastic completely unless its the length of the top most part of the bike to the ground when the bike first starts to tilt...The LSL's are good seen sevral bikes go down at 170 mph plus and no frame damage...Are they good yes,some of the best I have ever but will they or any other save plastic NO...Find what you think looks nice and works good and buy them.I will never put any on my bike cause a scratch is a scratch and if it's even tiny it's gonna be removed...sorry just had too...

I'm gonna ask a question and don't flame me but do you all actually think FRAME sliders were made to protect the plastic?

Most sliders made today require cutting or some plastic modification....I ask cause I see folks so worried that if the bikes fall over are they gonna work..Yes they work to save the frame but there isn't gonna ever be a slider to save the plastic completely unless its the length of the top most part of the bike to the ground when the bike first starts to tilt...The LSL's are good seen sevral bikes go down at 170 mph plus and no frame damage...Are they good yes,some of the best I have ever but will they or any other save plastic NO...Find what you think looks nice and works good and buy them.I will never put any on my bike cause a scratch is a scratch and if it's even tiny it's gonna be removed...sorry just had too...
Yes, I thought they were mainly for protecting the plastics... Guess I'm a dumbazz, but hey, it's not the first time that has happened !!!!
banghead.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, I thought they were mainly for protecting the plastics... Guess I'm a dumbazz, but hey, it's not the first time that has happened !!!!
banghead.gif

laugh.gif
Your not a dumbass at all,but i want folks to stop doing searches and buying them thnking they will protect plastics...Your comment at least shows I may have helped by saying what I did
thumb_up.gif
....I will again state the LSL and R & G slider ones are the best on the market right now...

I realize that they will not 100% protect the plastic on the road even at lower speeds. But, I would hope that they would HELP from a simple tip over. I just thought that the roundness of the sliders would keep the bike from catching and going into flipping mode more than protecting the plastic.

I am new to the sport bikes. This is actually my 1st sport bike I have owned in my 12 years of riding. ANY comments good or bad are welcome towards me. I would rather "MAN UP" and ask/learn from someone else's mistakes/problems/know-how then do it wrong myself. Which is really the reason we are all here right?
winkold.gif

I realize that they will not 100% protect the plastic on the road even at lower speeds. But, I would hope that they would HELP from a simple tip over. I just thought that the roundness of the sliders would keep the bike from catching and going into flipping mode more than protecting the plastic.

I am new to the sport bikes. This is actually my 1st sport bike I have owned in my 12 years of riding. ANY comments good or bad are welcome towards me. I would rather "MAN UP" and ask/learn from someone else's mistakes/problems/know-how then do it wrong myself. Which is really the reason we are all here right?  
winkold.gif
Honestly even from the lightesttip over the bulkiness of the bike won't allow it not to damage the bike.Think of it like this if you laid it on it's side under your own power even gently with the slider in place,the bike is gonna touch somewhere right?the lsl's are great though...

sliders aren't meant to protect your frame or your plastics. They were designed to keep your engine covers and crank away from the ground on race bikes that have tens of thousands of $$$$'s in their engines. That was their only purpose.

Back