Gen1 and Gen2 owners

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
To the guys that have both models. Could someone try a Gen1 wheel on their Gen2? See if it centers alright and check the rotor spacing.

This would help answer some questions.

Dude: if it's raining here this weekend, I could check it out. Maybe Lamb could do an assist, as he's good with the wenches. I mean wrenches.

This would be interesting to know for sure... I continue to read that they are NOT interchangeable, but I don't know this for a fact.

I can certainly suspect the rear won't bolt right up, as the rear caliper mount is completely different between the two bikes, and thus has different spacers, caliper mount brackets, etc. The rear rotor is also 20mm larger than the Gen I rear rotor.

Similarly with the front wheel, it wouldn't be a direct swap without at least changing the rotors, since the Gen II bike has 310mm rotors, vice the 320mm rotors from earlier Busas. The change in brake caliper layout (radial, vs. side-mount on the Gen I bike) might also cause problems.

I think that some previous year 1K front rotors might solve that problem. I need to do some research.

Back