HID  head lights

stlbusarider

Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks, I just noticed that Busazilla is no longer selling HID kits. I was having the wife buy me a set for Christmas, but now I'm not sure where to go. I'm looking for a single set up with a 8000k low beam, white in color. Thanks

XenonKing, mention the Hayabusa.org group buy and he may still honor the pricing... I think it was something like $230 for both high and low.  But don't quote me.  I bought mine just over a month ago.  I also added a time delay for the low beam, on iniital startup to help extend the life of the bulb.  Do a search and you will find everythin you are looking for..

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=11;t=20744;st=25

Xenon King definitely. He is a standup board sponsor if I am right and really takes care of the folks around here.

Both Mike " Busa1" and I have Xenon king McCollough kits. Im on year 4 with no problems. Easy install. 5000k on both bikes.

Do these make that much of a difference ? here's silver stars
oh yea
ThumbsUp.gif

1157_silver_stars_004.jpg

What do the 5000 lights look like? I'm thinking of going in that direction.
Thanks,
Mark

Colors:
Color is important, 4-5k gives the best performance and is closest to natural sunlight. It is also far less offensive to the eye, yours and oncoming traffic. The higher temps are more for bling factor, but will give less light and more "glare".

3000K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 3000K emits GOLDEN YELLOW color and offers superior penetration power during adverse weather epically in dense fog. The applications of the 3000K kit aim more towards secondary lighting apparatus such as high beam and fog lights. The 3000K capsule is actually a 5000K capsule specially coated with a film that filters out all the wave length except the range of wave length which emits yellow.

4300K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and is the color temperature with the most output. The light appears fairly white, and has light yellowish hue when reflected off the road identical to the OEM HID equipped vehicles. This color is for customers who is looking for pure performance white improving the looks of their headlight. It is idea for customers who does a lot of back road or canyon driving and need the optimal visibility.

6000K has an approximately 2800lm output, which is 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 5000K. Although it has a bit lesser light output, it emits pure whiter light with very slight and barely noticeable tint of blue.

8000K has an approximately 2550lm output, which is about 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 6000K. While it has a bit lesser light output, it emits bluer light than the 6000K.

Power consumption:
These HIDs use much less power than stock bulbs, only 35 watts per bulb. They are the perfect option for bikes with weak generators that need more light. Using higher wattage halogens will not equal the power these produce, and higher wattage halogens produce alot of glare and light scatter.
Legality:
HID conversions are not technically legal in the US, but neither is speeding, or using "race only" pipes on a bike, so take that into consideration when making your purchase.

Will they blind other drivers?
If properly installed and aimed they will not. Actually I have been flashed less since installing and properly aiming them than I did with the stock bulbs. The only time I was flashed was on a turn when it pointed the light directly at an oncoming car. With the stocks lights I had to raise the beam slightly for better vision, with the HIDs I use factory spec settings. Remember, it is imperative to properly aim your lights, as the output is much more than stock.

What separates genuine Xenon gas-filled Bulbs from Xenon HID?
HID (High Intensity Discharge) is the technology in which the filament of the Halogen Bulb is replaced with Xenon gas. When high voltage is applied, the gas generates an arc of light. The Xenon gas generates 3x more light than standard halogen Bulbs. Most companies do produce gas-filled halogen Bulbs. These Bulbs do consist of a filament, but the gas gives off a bluer color. The negative part of xenon-filled halogen Bulbs, is they produce very little or no more then standard halogen Bulbs with the same voltage.

How long will the Bulbs last?
An average of 2500 hours is normal from bulb testing.

It's real easy to over ride the factory lights at 60 MPH. The HIDs change all of that. I would suggest 6000K.

I just ordered a set from Busazilla and he didn't tell me anything about not selling them anymore. He told me it might take some time, but he didn't tell me "no."

Back