Ridin' in Japan

sprgxr

Registered
Hello to all....Just re open-ed my account with the "org" and was wondering if any you us are stationed or live in the land of the rising son....If you are please let me know. My Busa is en route from Va to Yokosuka, Japan and is due to arrive within the next 6-8 weeks. If you're out there, let me know...look forward to meeting you!!!!!
super.gif

Henry

My son was born in Yokosuka , I was stationed in Iwakuni. MC Mustang was stationed at Atsugi and rode there.

GunnyBusa,

Thanks for the reply...much appreciated.. I just got to yoko 4 days ago and the flight was very undesirable. Lots of turbulance plus 10 hours long....Anyone else in the area or been in the area that can give me the skinny on a couple of good bike shops and mechs as well for emergent maintenance?
rock.gif
MC Mustang, feel free to chime in when you read this!!

I'm a old skool Boiler Tech (BT) but the navy says I'm a Machinists Mate (MM) You retired or active?

SprGxr,
I rode up to Yokosuka a few times; very nice riding in the Mt. Fuji area. There was a HUGE Yellow Box in your area... I will look through some of my stuff and see if I can dig anything up.

MCM

I was stationed at Yokosuka for a year about 37 years ago. I actually worked in a cave C-39 which was part of Naval Security Group back then. Time flies for sure.
lurk.gif

Ahhh! Nippon! Daijobu desu ne!

Wish I was there... culture is a lot different, just enjoy yourself and be safe!

Whitelesan,

Hajimemashite!!!! and Thanks for the response from all....I'm just soaking up the wrong side of the road driving thing but I'll be in the mix soon enough. MCM, any info would be great!!!! I'll be in hot standby!! Thanks again to all!!!

Henry

Re: Ridin' in Japan

I lived in Tokyo for almost 20 years, returning to California in March, 2008. If you were in Japan in the '90s and listened to Sumo in English on NHK television you were probably listening to me.

Riding in Japan is tough but there are some great bike shops and lots and lots of accessories. I think a Sportster or Super Glide would be a better choice for a putt there.

I miss Japan so much. They are great people, great food, decent baseball and Sumo is a major trip. Lousy weather and the roads are narrow. Don't drink and drive or you will disappear for a long time. And whatever you do, run, not walk, but run from anyone with dope.

Tom Quinn
aka bjewell

I'm currently stationed at kadena AB on Okinawa. I sure would love to get Yakota as my next assignment to get a chance to ride up on the mainland. I would guess that getting the brake and emissions testing is going to be much easier for you then the guys who bring their bikes down here...they have to ship theirs to the mainland for these tests!

Nippon wah segoy desu ne?

Back