Third Wheel Trailers

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
I ran into these guys at the gap. I got to check out their trailers that they are starting to manufacture. I think they run about $2k. They look pretty good, they say it makes the bike handle like there is about a 100lbs passenger on the back. From the design, the whole yoke part comes off the axle in the matter of seconds and the trailer is free (don't forget the wiring).

Third Wheel Trailers...
DSC07753.jpg

Neat concept. But I wont ever use one. It makes me cringe when I see Big Trike style gold wings and Harleys of all types loaded to the hilt with gear and luggage and draggin a trailer too
crazy.gif

Why ride a bike ?
mad.gif

Looks like a good idea, but I don't think I'd use it enough to justify the price either. But then again, if I had it I might use it more than I think.
And I wonder if "non-rusting" mounting hardware will be standard or an option on the production models.
laugh.gif

(Kento-Moto @ Sep. 30 2007,20:01) Neat concept. But I wont ever use one. It makes me cringe when I see Big Trike style gold wings and Harleys of all types loaded to the hilt with gear and luggage and draggin a trailer too  
crazy.gif

Why ride a bike ?  
mad.gif
Because being on a fully loaded bike while pulling a trailer is still waaay more fun than driving in a car with you bike sitting on a trailer behind it.

Those guys were in Dallas on Thursday. Very interesting to talk with. I'm glad they were able to catch up with at least some of the "Bashers"
laugh.gif
We told them you'd all be there.

Here is my problem with this whole approach (aside from $$).  My Oxford Saddlebags (see below - I have them in blue), and a tail bag - all of them together -  will hold no less than the trailer.

saddlebag-anime.gif

And I don't have to worry about attaching/detaching the trailer (and what the heck do you do with that huge bracket attached to the rear axle). And my saddlbags are tested to 150 mph - no issues.

(IG. @ Oct. 01 2007,12:11) ... And I don't have to worry about attaching/detaching the trailer (and what the heck do you do with that huge bracket attached to the rear axle)...
The trailer hitch attaches to spools similar to spools for stands, but a bit larger. The spools are attached to the axle instead of the swingarm Everything except the spools detach from the bike.

Back