Dunlop 220s.... 200 work?

HMan

Registered
I know the stock tires actually measure 199 so here is my question.

When looking for Dunlop 220s for the busa I found that they make a 200 but I can't seem to find a 190. Will the 200 work alright?

Headed towards 4K miles and teh wear bars are almost here.

A 200 series tire should work just fine from what I have read on the board. Will prolly slow up the handling a little bit, but depending on how you ride you might not even notice.

Talk to WWJD First, He did this most recently, find out if he is real happy. I think it really comes down to what you want or expect the bike to do. If your into carving corners a 180 might be the way to go, if you just enjoy riding the twisties and otherwise rippen around, get the 200.

I kinda like the fatter rear tire back there but it's mostly a look thing... No real reason.

Talk to WWJD First, He did this most recently, find out if he is real happy.  I think it really comes down to what you want or expect the bike to do.  If your into carving corners a 180 might be the way to go, if you just enjoy riding the twisties and otherwise rippen around, get the 200.  

I kinda like the fatter rear tire back there but it's mostly a look thing...  No real reason.
I'm kinda with you on the look thing but I was also considering the fact that the stock tire is actually a 199 and figure I won't notice much diff between the two so long as the 220's 200 is true.

Fatter (200) slows cornering, Slimmer (180) provides quicker cornering in general. The stock is 199mm, so check the mm of the tire everyones 190 is not the same mm size.

There was a post recently were someone said they replaced there 190 with a 180 and stated while it cornered somewhat better it didn't seem as stable... (makes sense thinner tire)

Let me know what you think once you get a rear on I'm shopping for one over the winter

Back