MUZZY exhaust ?????

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Does anybody here run the Muzzy exhaust with a carbon can ?What kind of gains vs BDE Gen3 ? How does it sound ?

the cheeseman would be best to answer that....I would assume that the BDE accels in both over the muzzy but I have nothing to compare to other than the stuff I read.

I've got the full muzzy with titanium and it sounds sweet. My buddies have busas one with a tri oval and two with the BDE 3. Mine seems to be the loudest, but BDE 3 still has an advantage of i think 3-9 horses. Dont know if they have been compared on the dyno, but all the research shows the gen 3 with more hp. I went with the noise cuz i like cagers to hear me coming and going!!

Im000498.jpg

mine is the full titanium Muzzys with polished alum can... very loud, and the r&d told me about the muzzy and brock, the brock will get a few mor ponies out of stock motor. the brock pipe was developed for dragracing.

if I had it to do over again and had a vew extra bonez, I woulda went with the brock gen3 pipe.

I was going to order the BDE but I found out that I can order the carbon Muzzy & PC3R for less than the BDE pipe alone .

The price on the Muzzy is definitely right...I have the Muzzy stainless header and polished aluminum can...I love it...3 - 4 HP doesn't matter that much at least not to me...If you can get all the things you mentioned I would go with the Muzzy...And the Muzzy sounds really good...
evil.gif

I can't really speak on the Muzzy but after having my GEN III Brock system for a while now I would buy it over the Muzzy again regardless of the cost difference. The BDE GEN III is simply a TOP NOTCH system. According to the reading I done before buying I doubt any system on the market can match the BDE for horsepower. For my tastes the BDE sound can't be beat either. It is the prefect sound for the busa. Just like Flowmasters on a 5.0 Stang, the BDE is just plain RIGHT!
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, the BDE headers are absolute works of art! Almost makes me wish the busa was a naked bike so everyone could see those masterpieces! They are extra schweeeet!
wink.gif

Hmmm... Maybe I should custom build me a SV650 style upper fairing for the busa for summer time cruising. Should help with the overheating potential and I could show off those fine ass pipes!
biggrin.gif

Hi,

I just put a Muzzys SS headers and an Oval Ti can and its pretty sweet. Easy install, sounds great and according to JohnnyCheese who has had the Muzzys and the BDE systems on his dyno there is only a 2-3 hp difference. JohhnyCheese sold me my Muzzys system for $750. Send him a PM - he is on the board.

Kent Sheldon

Oh yeah, the BDE headers are absolute works of art! Almost makes me wish the busa was a naked bike so everyone could see those masterpieces! They are extra schweeeet!
wink.gif

Hmmm... Maybe I should custom build me a SV650 style upper fairing for the busa for summer time cruising. Should help with the overheating potential and I could show off those fine ass pipes!
biggrin.gif
you end up never riding the thing cuz you'd always be on the busa
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back