slider ?

robbzbusa

Registered
well just read kennys post and have been wonderin what sliders are best for the busa...had yoyodyne on the gixxer and loved them...but not to keen on cuttin the plastics...now if i have to i will but makes me nervous..i have seem the ones that are no-cut..damn gotta get a job soon i need to much bike stuff..

I like the cheap delrin sliders from ebay, you have to cut the plastics, but if you take your time and do it smart {theres some pots on here somewere that are super helpful}, they will look awesome and actually work.. They saved my red busa twice.... No need to sped a ton of money, and the ones that you dont cut the plasticss for look like ass....

i need sliders too. looking for blue anodized. frame & spool.
i keep buying stuff. my wife is getting angry. you guys
warned me. waiting for delivery of my DiPro gear indicator
with TRE. what's a TRE anyway?
SHOCKED.gif

and the ones that you dont cut the plasticss for look like ass....

And thats your .02

(FastBusa @ Jul. 15 2007,17:57) I used the carbon Fiber ones on both bikes, I love carbon fiber.
Just bought the same carbon fiber ones for my Busa... I am currently in the process of machining a bolt that goes into the hole with a punch-type end on it to make a nice mark on the fairing when reinstalled... That way you can put the fairing back on with the machined bolt and push the fairing in slightly to make a nice centered mark, then drill from the inside out... Dont forget to use some tape to prevent burrs. Cant wait, should look picture perfect!

I have the Vortex sliders as well... metal base that bolts in where the engine mount is. Then there is a delrin slider that bolts onto that. So in the event that you ever use it all you have to replace is the slider part and not the whole thing.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

Back