QUICK QUICK QUICK sprocket info

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
does the front sprocket 32mm nut loosen clockwise or counter clockwise, in other words, normally or reverse?

hell no, still reefin on that *****..........i swear they welded it on

OK i ****** HATE my bike! Tried to take the safety switch off the kickstand and that bolt just snapped like ****** kindling...........I swear, did they make the bolts on this P.O.S. out of paper mache'? WTF did i do to deserve so many ****** snapped bolts on tihs f*ckin bike? and not to mention i STILL can't get the f*ckin sprocket nut off

Did you tried impact gun yet?
all_coholic.gif

If the engine keeps spinning over, tighten the chain and stick a jack handle or something hard through the rear wheel so it's against the swingarm and break the sprocket nut loose that way. It CAN be a pain. Make sure to have the retainer allen head piece off also.

(Pipefighter248 @ Jul. 10 2007,19:27) Can always use a longer cheater bar also.
That`s right, 24 " breaker bar.

He is not answering for an hour now. I`m worried if he barried under the bike or killed himself trying...

i just now got notice of the responses. I am borrowing my buddy's electric impact tomorrow n we'll see how that goes. I don't have a plethera of tools sadly so I didn't have access to a breaker bar. Had to shell out an insane $8.96 for a damn 32mm socket at Sears cause no hardware stores had one

think the kickstand switch is double nutted -- i learned the hard way first time out too -- SNAP--
I put the bike in 5th gear and stood on the rear brake and it came loose with a standard 1/2 breaker bar -- but then again I work on bulldozers

stood on the rear brake and pushed the breaker bar forward by pushin down with your foot? did you take the cover and slave all off to get room?

Just did mine this weekend. pressed rear brake as
far as would go, put 2x4 in between rim and swingarm
and used a breaker bar had to put a foot to it a couple
times but not to bad.

Good Luck!!!!

(redkat05 @ Jul. 10 2007,21:53) stood on the rear brake and pushed the breaker bar forward by pushin down with your foot? did you take the cover and slave all off to get room?
Yup side panel off cover off --- stood on brake (bike on kickstand) removed sprocket by hand with breaker bar

Back