question about the frame

jbusa

Registered
To make a long story short....went down on the busa and the frame slider pushed in the frame. Insurance company says that the stock frame is not power coated!

Is this correct?

Coated yes, powder coated maybe... I think the limited's are the only ones with any powder coating. So, if your bike is an LE then I'd say could be. If not then no....

Frame is actually anodized/bead blasted,if silver.lmk if they try to total it as I rebuild these all the time and can actually convert it for less than what most want to repair them.

(GoldenChild @ Jun. 24 2007,09:39) Frame is actually anodized/bead blasted,if silver.lmk if they try to total it as I rebuild these all the time and can actually convert it for less than what most want to repair them.
Just out of curiosity what is the conversion?

lurk.gif
sad.gif

07 black frame is the one that I am talking about....sorry should have put all of it in the post.

Buddies and I went to Coos Bay, OR for a ride....and around the corner I come.....nothing but sand....it sucked.

This is my 4th busa (first wreck) so I am a little upset....Rashed knee and elbow....not back considering I had all the gear on!

(jbusa @ Jun. 24 2007,06:23) went down on the busa and the frame slider pushed in the frame.
That's one of the reasons why I'am one of the FEW on here, who does not like the frame sliders the way they attached. Now, if they were like racing ones (under the fairing) I could go for that  
biggrin.gif

Back