Road tested Johnnycheese map finally

EAKbusa

Registered
My hickup at 4000rpm (hesitation - then SLAM) is gone and has been replaced by a soft spot - no hesitation. Better but.....

I definately feel that it lost power in low and mid range that the stock Micron map did have. JC's base map has much smoother linear power delivery though and a screaming top end. I think I will reload the Micron map or try to get it modified. Or maybe I am stuck with the hickup, otherwise it is nice. JC's map makes for real smooth wheelies though. It just feels definately soft around town in lower RPM. Can't have that.

Thanks JC, big time for offerring to help. Any other suggestions for the "stock" Micron map to fix the glich without loosing low-end/mid-range (file attached)?

Attachments

• M312_006.map
    2.1 KB · Views: 140
I think JCs map is prolly the best you'll get without any back pressure? less you wanna put some more cabbage into it.....

try using the gsxr 1k flapper valve? you need the wire harness and ecu :laugh:

Chances are you didn't loose any real power... It just got smoothed. Sounds like your SOTP Dyno may just be out of alignment.

I used to swear my Katana 750 was quicker than the RF900 because of just that effect. RF super smooth, 750 had a serious lack of low end with a hard HIT. The RF was much quicker, but it didn't "Feel" like it.

Just a thought.

I do still have the stock flapper - no airbox mods, just the full Micron, pair removed.

Yeah, Rev I agree that the SOTP dyno sucks either way. I kind of thought the same thing that maybe it was just so smooth that it felt weak. But I am fairly certain that whatever fixed the hickup at 4000rpm also took some of the power away. But once you get above 5k it seems fine and reeeeeal smoooooth.

I will plan on getting a full map made in the spring anyway (unless I am satisfied with whatever I end up with here). I checked my MPG too after my test ride today (only 30 miles or so) and my mileage dropped from 40+ to 26. That sucks big time. But hey, more fuel for more power, I can deal with that if needs be.

Notable difference between Micron map and JC map include that the Micron map had no timing changes at all, all 0's. Not sure why. And I can tell you that JC's is smooth across the board, very nice for wheelies, just floats up and hangs 'till you let off.

Back