After Full Yosh & Power Commander 2ond dont power

FalconofFreedom

Registered
After Full Yosh & Power Commander second gear dont power wheelie like it did with stock pipes...............All I could think of was that those heavy stock cans were acting like levers with their weight all in back helping the wheelie effect.....I mean the bike used to come right up in second under full throttle ...not now.

I can tell a substantial difference in how the bike reacts to my imput to turn it with this light weight single setup....feels better.

My seat of the pants feel just is not what I expected..
I expected the power wheelies to be better due to the H.P increase and weight loss.............

I did a roll on between 2 signs on the street "farmland" with the stock setup 50mph to 83mph between the signs.

With this new Yosh Duplex setup and the Power Commander mapped for it ...M312-012 Yoshimura Duplex full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
it did 50mph to 90mph between the same two...much improved........and this is in 6th gear....

I always did this between these 2 signs even on my K5 GSXR1000....JUST A GAME I PLAY with my bikes......

What I needed to do was hit the Quarter Mile Track stock then do it after the mods......Oh well

I am going to hit the track as soon as the weather permits.....

My personal best on my K5 was an 11:00 flat with a 60ft of 2.0.......I never wanted to beat up my clutch..

So if I can pull a 2.0 60ft on this Busa.......I hope to get into the 10:90's.......I will be bumming if not.

My lightweight buddy did a 1.7 60ft and 10:21 on my K5 so I know she was strong......

I have NOT done the small box mod yet....I am debating because of what Brocks site says.....

This is what Brocks site says................
"DO NOT PERFORM THIS MODIFICATION UNLESS YOU HAVE A STREETSMART SYSTEM & BROCK'S PERFORMANCE MAP!!! Poor Performance and a decrease in drivability will result if you perform this modification without a Brock's Performance StreetSmart Exhaust System and mapping!"

Does this infer that their "Brocks" system is the "Only" system to benefit?

all_coholic.gif

For you people who have the same type set-up as me.........
I have a question...
Does your Busa Power wheelie better than it did stock?

I just dont think my Busa is benefiting from this new setup like it should...
My perception is,.... it is slower now.

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 01 2007,22:09) This is what Brocks site says................
"DO NOT PERFORM THIS MODIFICATION UNLESS YOU HAVE A STREETSMART SYSTEM & BROCK'S PERFORMANCE MAP!!! Poor Performance and a decrease in drivability will result if you perform this modification without a Brock's Performance StreetSmart Exhaust System and mapping!"

Does this infer that their "Brocks" system is the "Only" system to benefit?
That is crap, I just did the small box mod as I am waiting for my exhaust to be delivered. I do not have a PCIII yet (being delivered next week hopefully), and it made good improvement. The bike sounds better, pulls more cleanly down low and is definetly crisper in part throttle roll ons. This is on basically a stock Busa (just a TRE). One of the better free mods. Oh yeah I did the marble mod blocking off the pair valve as well.

So is it slower or faster?

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 02 2007,01:00) I just dont think my Busa is benefiting from this new setup like it should...
(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 02 2007,00:05) With this new Yosh Duplex setup and the Power Commander mapped for it ...M312-012  Yoshimura Duplex full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
it did 50mph to 90mph between the same two...much improved........and this is in 6th gear....

I probably dont have any business replying to this but thats never stopped me!

I did some exhaust mods (that cost as much as a plane trip to the Yucutan and back, ok flying coach) and my bike really did not feel that much different either - but it sure looks cool - local dyno had the LCF (looks cool factor) up by over 80% at MSL!

I think that the 4 to 5% increase in HP that folks get is just not what they expect from a feel standpoint and I dont think it is worth the money unless your shooting for a whole hog package and racing the bike - or if you have to look cool without those ugly stock cans. Would I do it again? He** yeah
all_coholic.gif

I am considering a 43 tooth rear gear (in a gold anodize finish to show that I thought the 70s rocked) to see what that feels like and here is the good part, they come to you, at a spouse safe rate, of $70!

In short, I felt the same way you did man!

Tech session over....

Are you just using the map Dynojet provides for the Yosh on your PC or did you get someone to tune it on a dyno?

(jjmetheny @ Jun. 02 2007,04:30) So is it slower or faster?

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 02 2007,01:00) I just dont think my Busa is benefiting from this new setup like it should...
(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 02 2007,00:05) With this new Yosh Duplex setup and the Power Commander mapped for it ...M312-012  Yoshimura Duplex full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
Yes the Roll On test of mine proves it <span style='color:red'></span>is Faster with 6th gear "Roll On"...........

But my seat of the pants Dyno and <span style='color:red'></span>Lack Of Power Wheelie in second gear has me baffled.??hmmm.......

(bigoltool @ Jun. 02 2007,06:57) Are you just using the map Dynojet provides for the  Yosh on your PC or did you get someone to tune it on a dyno?
This is the Map I am using right now..........
"With this new Yosh Duplex setup and the Power Commander mapped for it ...M312-012 Yoshimura Duplex full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter "

From........
http://www.powercommander.com

hey falcon, when you changed exhaust you modified your tq and hp output , and the rpms at which the two achieve thier greatest affect. so your bottom end tq mellowed out while you gained some top end hp, which you noticed with the quicker times

(captainraymond @ Jun. 02 2007,15:08) hey falcon, when you changed exhaust you modified your  tq and hp output , and the rpms at which the two achieve thier greatest affect.  so your bottom end tq mellowed out while you gained some top end hp, which you noticed with the quicker times
This is possible.  I think a lot of exhaust systems end up sacrificing low end torque and a wide power range to make peak horsepower numbers.  Peak HP doesn't mean squat if it ends up decreasing your average power over the RPM range you use most.

If you see that it got faster you probably didn't lose average power but you may have shifted it around.

If you got faster in a 50 - 90 6th gear roll on, maybe you actually flattened your power curve a bit and are making more average power but not as much peak?

FOF....I went from stock to PCIIIUSB and Full Rcae Akra (which is very close to the yosh) and a few things here..

1. The vastly improved handling characteristics from the weight savings alone is well worth the effort be you drag or street...a big and very noticable improvement if you're a hard rider...no true drag racer would want all that weight out back and no aggresive street/track rider would want it either.

2. Opening up the exhaust end or? the intake end can give a perception of huffyness down low...the tightazz heavy as led no breathing stock exhaust causes quite a bit more backpressure which in turn keeps the torque/power down low...where the easy breathing highflow designs of the aftermarket full exhaust systems opens'er up up top.

3. If stock you'd traverse the signs at 83mph but with pc & full exhaust you roll through at 90?....that's a signifigant increase in your acceleration times w/ the pc/full exhaust.

2nd gear wheelies stock?...maybe not so much...maybe a combo of a possible (if poorly tuned/mapped) tad less immediate low end torque and the lack of 40lbs of steel hanging off the back..and i'm blaming THE LIONS SHARE OF IT on the MIA steel cans!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

This sounds like a classic case of a 4 into 1 (or 4 into 2 into 1) headers inherent low to mid range dip. 4 into 1 exhausts do make good top end power (as evidenced by your marked roll on increase) but usually with a small sacrifice in the low to mid range. I believe this is why Yosh has the Duplex crossovers on their systems and also why the liter bikes have power valves in the exhaust. On a big bore bike with as much torque as the Busa they usually have enough grunt there in the first place to not worry about the small dip. If you wanted to add some snap back at the bottom end you could also degree the cams but at the cost of a little steam on top.

Thanks everyone........

I really like the handling much better now.....especially after coming off of the K5 GSXR1000...!

I got to get to the Track.........and see some times and play with some maps at the track with the laptop....

I am going to do my version of of the small box mod and leave flapper in.....
I am going to experiment with a slot in back of the flapper...

FalconofFreedom, Often when your bike is tuned they smooth out the power curve that it produces stock so that you have smooth power from low end to top end. If you pull out your power commander and put it on the dyno you will see where your power spikes when you give it more throttle, which isn't too bad on the engine but it sucks if your racing. What I am trying to say is that the mapping (if the tuners did it correctly) is a smooth line ascending upwards which will screw with stuff like wheelies but will give you more overall power.

For you people who have the same type set-up as me.........
I have a question...
Does your Busa Power wheelie better than it did stock?

I just dont think my Busa is benefiting from this new setup like it should...

If you really want your wheelies back then go down a tooth on your front sprocket, that will definitely help you, but it will snatch a few Mph off your top end but you will have more pull on the low end to do your wheelies.

Is the PCIII set up for all 8 injectors, I've heard frequent issues of only 4 of the 8 being controlled by the PCIII, which could inherently affect overall power. Your best bet is taking it for a dyno tune. They will make sure all 8 are running optimally and that you take full advantage of the power gain you should have.

Back