Listen

CrashTestDanny

Registered
Alright guys, if your riding buddy blows his horn at you then pulls up next to you and tells you to check your tire pressure because your rear tire is flat, pull over and do it. I followed BW nearly 30 miles with his rear tire completely flat this morning. Good news is the Avon's sidewall held up to a fairly mild ride for that distance with near 0 air pressure. The bead stayed mounted and the bike stayed up. We found a Quik Trip, confirmed the tire was flat (twice because BW did not believe the gauge the first time), verified that fix-a-flat is pretty much worthless, plugged the tire with a gummy worm, aired it up, and rode back to the shop where they had a new tire installed in about an hour - which is way cool for a dealership around these parts.

After this we proceeded to a Bikers for Christ bike blessing which was way cool, though seemed a little redundant since BusaWhipped's bike was clearly already blessed today...
biggrin.gif

Yeah, well not only his bike, but he was also  
super.gif
. That's one reason I switched to Avons several years ago  
beerchug.gif

Well, Dan - seriously - who listens to a guy on an ST? I mean come on already..
laugh.gif
J/K,, glad it all worked out and you guys got taken care of - always good to mke it to a blessing of the bikes!

With the AVON run-flats it wasn't a problem.  
smile.gif
 We were running along at the speedlimit and the Busa was stable the whole time.  If Dan hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have noticed from the way the Busa was acting at those speeds.

This thread is worthless without pics, so here they are.  This is what I found when we got to the QT.

FILE0001.JPG

thanks for letting me know about the ride guys...since you didn't contact me, i ended up riding with a buddy of mine and a couple girls from Northern Illinois University
SHOCKED.gif

now that i think about it, i owe you a big "Thank You!!"
laugh.gif

seriously, i'm glad everything worked out for you
beerchug.gif

I didnt know that a busa would just run the speed limit.
biggrin.gif
glad ya got it took care of and back riding quickly.

(semi @ May 12 2007,16:25) thanks for letting me know about the ride guys...since you didn't contact me, i ended up riding with a buddy of mine and a couple girls from Northern Illinois University
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
Did ya GET SOME
rock.gif
??...........................
super.gif

(Spudley @ May 12 2007,20:51)
(semi @ May 12 2007,16:25) thanks for letting me know about the ride guys...since you didn't contact me, i ended up riding with a buddy of mine and a couple girls from Northern Illinois University
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
Did ya GET SOME
rock.gif
??...........................
super.gif
some quality time with my bike? sure did
race.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Nothing available to cut it down with. Since he just needed to get it to the shop and get the new tire mounted, he pressed the ends down into the tread and rode it.

It held for the 20 miles to the shop. If it didn't I rode it farther than that flat to get to a place to get the plug. Got a brand new rear on there now, which means I have chicken planks I need to get rid of tomorrow
smile.gif

Wow, I'm suprised you didn't notice anything feeling funny. Could have been very bad if you needed to do anything aggressive. Talk about an easy way to lowside.

Chris

(BusaWhipped @ May 12 2007,16:16) With the AVON run-flats it wasn't a problem.  
smile.gif
 We were running along at the speedlimit and the Busa was stable the whole time.  If Dan hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have noticed from the way the Busa was acting at those speeds.

This thread is worthless without pics, so here they are.  This is what I found when we got to the QT.
BW,  I've never heard of the run-flat feature for motorcycle tires.  I'm currently looking into getting a new set of tires, and I have been considering Avon Viper Sports, based on input from a riding friend.  Is the run-flat feature standard on Avon tires, or is it available only on special models?  What tires were you running, and what is your opinion about  them?

Thank you,
Karl

(K Wolf @ May 13 2007,23:00)
(BusaWhipped @ May 12 2007,16:16) With the AVON run-flats it wasn't a problem.  
smile.gif

BW,  I've never heard of the run-flat feature for motorcycle tires.  I'm currently looking into getting a new set of tires, and I have been considering Avon Viper Sports, based on input from a riding friend.  Is the run-flat feature standard on Avon tires, or is it available only on special models?  What tires were you running, and what is your opinion about  them?

Thank you,
Karl
The run-flat was a joke. I've been running the Avon 45/46 combo for years and love them. 8,000 miles on the rear tires (when there aren't nailes involved) and the perform very well in the twisties too. Unfortunately, they have been discontinued
sad.gif
I'll have to try the Avon Storms after I burn the new Dunlop off the bike (I had to take what the dealer had in stock).

Back