120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
Here it is:

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068326662 -->

bump.gif

Ok - here it is :)

Hmmm... Interesting until you see that they only got 10.6 1/4 times out of the busa. Makes me wonder about their test riders and the validity of the whole thing. Ain't everybody pretty much gettin' 9's out of the stock busa with a good test rider? :super:

Not knocking the Gixxer by any means. I'd love to ride one. Probably would have gotten one if there was no busa. Just saying that I'm not convinced by this article that a good rider couldn't have beat their busa times and changed the outcome...

I don't rely on what I see in print anyway. It's all about 99% BS...

Good fair article.

It's a tose up as usual. The gixxer is victorious (and I have ridden it) in the turns and has great brakes.

The Hayabusa is lacking in the brake department. (until, you yourself, do something about them)

Each has their own specific journey.

I'll stick with the Hayabusa. It gets way more compliments anyway.

<!--EDIT|Cookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068327860 -->

Thanks for posting this! I am confused though, wasn't this 4 seperate tests, BUSA wins the 1st and 4th, and 1000 wins the 2nd and 3rd. Sounds like a tie for their testing perameters? How is the restrictor on the 1000? Is it much different than the Busa? Both great bikes but the 1000 is ugly, and which one has the reputation that preceedes it?
guns.gif

I agee with Justintime2.My friend 's got the Gixxer.I got a 03 BUSA. After you ride big bikes I found it hard to ride lite bikes.I didn't feel confident about stability of the gixxer.(could be a lot of things .Susp,Riding style etc.) But I just got mine from the show room and it was fantastic.I didn't have to do anything to the susp I just rode it home.The gixxer is a great bike for racing and track.My busa needs new lines and pads and it will be PERFECT.I LOVE MY BUSA.And I am so glad I got it.

Don't own a 'Busa yet, still saving :). The article did tell me what I already suspected: the Bus is for me. I appreciated how the article included such details as how the GSXR was twitchy in the wind, and the Busa was a better 2-up machine. Most of my riding is straight up touring, and I love to take passengers. I hope they redesign it for '05.

No surprise on that article. No way a magazine would consider a Busa better than a Gixxer with that criteria! Busa's not for racing in circuits against much lighter bikes!! On a circuit, even a 600 could be a tough match for a stock Busa, so this comparison makes no sense to me...
Anyway, two VERY nice bikes! (before i bought the Busa I was thinking about the GSXR1000 but I decided that I didn't want to drive a "racing" on the road... too much temptation!)

I own both, an O3 1k and an O2 busa, both with similar compounds. I can say that the gixxer is suprisingly stable in straight line high speeds and in turns, there are some sweepers on I-5 near my house and I have hit them riding both at 175-180 speeds and the difference in handeling is noticable, being a lighter and more rigid bike the 1K attacks the sweeper with more stability and accuracy, but gives up a little traction due to the lightweight, which leaves me sliding off line about a lane and a half before exiting the apex. while the busa on the other hand does not find the line as easily and takes more muscle to hold it there, but it will stay on line and will not slide due to the heaviness of the bike, the busa does have some worbeling or oscillation entering the sweepers where the gixxer remains true. in my opinion the worbeling is due to the flexing of the frame on the busa. also there is a point where the gixxer can corner at a higher speed due to the shorter wheelbase, where the busa will drag case the gixxer is not yet at full lean at the same speed, so in theory the 1K could go a little faster in the same turn cuz it has more lean? I wouldnt say one handles better than the other, I would say one takes less effort to ride than the other? matt mladin's liter bike has MORE HP than a stock busa and will totally blow away stock busa's in any situation with equal riders. my point being, HP plays a major role in the performance, handeling comes second, these two bikes may be to close to compare at anything other than top speed.

Yeah, I'm all bitter that the two finest *big* sport bikes made come from Suzuki. The new R1 is meaty but I don't think it'll be able to actually get more HP to the road. Opinions?

the R-1, honda rr 1k, and the zx10, will all have to take back seat to the gixxer 1k and the busa in 04, what they will have to worry about is a 345 lb 140 hp 15500 red lining 750 spankin them, you,ve got to hand it to the suzuki team, while the other manufacturers are trying to put out the fire left behind by the gsxr 1000, they fuel the fire by way of a 9s 175 mph 750...

SUZUKI
guns.gif
HONDA
SUZUKI
guns.gif
KAWA
SUZUKI
guns.gif
YAMAHA

well...

SUZUKI
guns.gif
ALL

hehehe... just joking (but half serious)  ;)

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Back