do I really have to pay that much?

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
Does anybody know where I can get the best price on O.Z. wheels? $3300 retail and I want chrome and it doesnt look like they come that way. Any ideas?:super:?
Thanks

Hardracing has them for like $1500 a set (on sale) but I am not sure if they have them for the Hayabusa or if they can be had chromed. I would suspect that you would have to have them chromed simply because they are supossed to be for performance and weight is an important factor. Adding chrome is an unnecessary weight addition (more than you would think too) that you would never find on a high performance racing oriented wheel like OZ, Marchesini (spelling?), or Marvic. Chromed wheels are more for looks, these companies are all about performance. Maybe search for a differnet brand that is more street/show oriented.

Hardracing has them for like $1500 a set (on sale) but I am not sure if they have them for the Hayabusa or if they can be had chromed. I would suspect that you would have to have them chromed simply because they are supossed to be for performance and weight is an important factor. Adding chrome is an unnecessary weight addition (more than you would think too) that you would never find on a high performance racing oriented wheel like OZ, Marchesini (spelling?), or Marvic. Chromed wheels are more for looks, these companies are all about performance. Maybe search for a differnet brand that is more street/show oriented.
Hey EAK, how ya been man? We'll have to get together again next spring. By the way, I have a question. How much, and would it be worth it, to take my stock wheels off and have them chromed? Or would it be cheaper to just buy aftermarket wheels already chromed? Thanks.

Tom.

Hey EAK, how ya been man?  We'll have to get together again next spring. By the way, I have a question. How much, and would it be worth it, to take my stock wheels off and have them chromed? Or would it be cheaper to just buy aftermarket wheels already chromed? Thanks.

Tom.
Hey Tom, have not spoken in a while. All is well and, perhaps as you have heard here, I have been busy with little mod's and big mod's. Definately need to get together a group in the spring.

As for getting the wheels chromed, there are too many places that do that to list. The question is why on a black LE? Keep 'em black as it looks best (I know, IMHO). Either way it looks cool. I just think why add weight and change the LE look, but at the same time a chromed frame/swingarm/wheel set-up on a black LE looks cool too.

There are places that will sell OEM chromed wheels for reasonable, you just swap yours out for a chromed set (which they then chrome for the next guy - to reduce lead time I guess). I saw an ad in Motorcyclist this month, can't remember who.

But again, if the point is performance, do not chrome plate, it defeats the purpose.

Eric

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068228410 -->

Hey EAK, how ya been man?  We'll have to get together again next spring. By the way, I have a question. How much, and would it be worth it, to take my stock wheels off and have them chromed? Or would it be cheaper to just buy aftermarket wheels already chromed? Thanks.

Tom.
Hey Tom, have not spoken in a while. All is well and, perhaps as you have heard here, I have been busy with little mod's and big mod's. Definately need to get together a group in the spring.

As for getting the wheels chromed, there are too many places that do that to list. The question is why on a black LE? Keep 'em black as it looks best (I know, IMHO). Either way it looks cool. I just think why add weight and change the LE look, but at the same time a chromed frame/swingarm/wheel set-up on a black LE looks cool too.

There are places that will sell OEM chromed wheels for reasonable, you just swap yours out for a chromed set (which they then chrome for the next guy - to reduce lead time I guess). I saw an ad in Motorcyclist this month, can't remember who.

But again, if the point is performance, do not chrome plate, it defeats the purpose.

Eric
Thanks for the info. I will most likely stay with the black wheels. Just curious about chrome I guess. Can't wait to see your mods. Post pics of them. I am still going to post the pics from our ride to Lynchburg when I get the film developed. Soon!

Take care.

Tom.

:beerchug:

When I bought this bike there was two on the show room. One with chrome and one with out. My choice was a black and blue bike untill i saw the SE with the chrome wheels its a way better look to much black the other way. So now I have cracking chrome on the rear wheel and need to do something to fix that. I know about the weight of the added chrome but when you chrome the OZ wheels they still have to be way lighter than stock. I thought about some of the other wheels and have read some posts that raise the question are the bling bling show wheels really made for the MIGHTY BUSA???
I do like to drag race this bike now and then and wheels that might break dont sound good to me. OH and I weigh 280 so a few pounds of chrome dont even matter.
Thanks alot for the input on this. :beerchug:

Back