Busa Batteries...

Daddy Fatsac

Registered
Hello all...its been a long while since I've been on here. But what better place to turn when you need some sounds information?

Well here is the problem...finally got all the parts in and back from the states to finish building her back up. Everything installed...but she has a hard time cranking...hell she won't start with the new battery. She needs TWO batteries to start...

We recently put in a YUASA YTZ14S (230 C.C.A) its just not doing the trick. So we wire two batteries to get and she starts right up.

Do know majority of the parts are new...new bore...new pistons...new starter clutch set (alot of other new parts). Before cranking it sits between 12.6-12.8 volts...crank it...it drops to 8 and some change volts. But when we wire two together it never drops below 12 volts.

So is the battery bad? Or is it not strong enough to turn the baby over? And as the bike gets broke in and everything seats will the YTZ14S be able to start it?

When its started it sounds like a F'in beast!! ...just got to get it to start on its own is the problem.

Anyone out there with some knowledge in this area please the know how.

Sounds like the battery may not have enough CCA-cold cranking amps. You may need to look at a battery that has more CCA, Of hand I'm not sure what it is for a hayabusa, but if a new battery doesn't but two do...then that would be my guess.

I saw the same thing happen with a guy I raced with at the salt flats. He had the same setup you do and kept the second battery in the hump. One of the batteries went dead and the other one did not have enough juice to turn it over by itself. :sad:

Think maybe after the bike gets broke in that it will be able to start off a single battery as the bike loosens up?

It may be worth contacting Landspeedlarry. I think he has some experience with this setup. Good luck.

For my high compression problem will this work? I found this in the starter clutch area.

I'm just guessing here...but if I had a stronger starter I won't have much of a problem getting her running. Tell me if I'm on the wrong war path...

Alright...the battery hook up is done.  Sad to say...this 1507 beast will no longer start on 12v setup.  Its now on a 24v starter only system.  Yes...it now needs two batteries.  Oh well...

Also if you need info on this setup let me know...I'll get you hooked up!! *for those with high compression/big bored busas*

<!--EDIT|Daddy Fatsac
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068732024 -->

Back