Dual aftermarket system

gaw

Registered
I know........., well I think I know, I saw this discussed before.
I looked could not find it.

I like the dual exhaust look.
Does anyone have an aftermarket full dual system?
I do remember that someone said that the 4-2-1 system produced more HP, is that true?
What does the dual system produce, as far as HP is concerned?

Any advantages other than weight for the single sided system?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.  :D  

Once again, thanks for all the feedback

Ride safe  

Oh yea, did a Keith Code track day on monday at Laguna Seca. If you have not done a track day you need to do one, it is a major rush  :drool:  More info later when I have a bit more time.

4-2-1 = more power, less weight, less costly to manufacture (theoretically means less cost to you), and IMHO gives a normally dual exhaust bike like a Busa a cool, racy/different look.

4-2-1-2 (2 cans) = can look cool giving a ballanced look, sounds different, but is unnecessary weight and may not make more power than stock but in most cases not as much as a properly tuned 4-2-1 aftermarket system.

If you want dual, go with HMF dual high mount. Awesome! Others make a dual system such as Micron, D&D, etc. but even they will tell you that they do not make as much power as a 4-2-1.

Think of this, have you EVER seen a modern inline-4 race bike (not drag bike) that had dual exhaust cans? Don't you think that if there was some advantage to going with 2 cans they would?

I tell u GAW was contemplating the same thing a couple days ago and decided on a one can system. Went w/ Brock 3rd Generation Full Exhaust System.. Just got it yesterday along with other items. Micron, D&D, Two Brothers, HMF all manuacture dual can exhaust systems..downfall more weight and in some instances u lose passenger pegs and possible melted fairings without careful professional installation. If I had to choose a dual system it would be the HMF high mount system. With this system you keep your passenger pegs and gain more hp w/ pcIIIr than w/ stock system. Only thing is no dual aftermarket system on the market looks as good as the stock system as far as the position and diameter of the cans.

I would recommend thinking about a single can system such as the Brock 3rd Gen or regular Hindle system. Also check out the Hayabusa starter pack on the following site.

Thanks for all the info.

Aparker:
I have been looking at the Brock 3rd Gen. or Hindle system. Why did you pick that particular system?
I also have a friend who went with the Muzzy system, he said that it gave the best power throughout the entire power range. Don't really know.

Again thanks for the help.

Ride safe  

I have a D&D full 4-2 system. Personally, I don't like the look of a 4-1 on the busa. And the 4-2 retains support for the sub-frame, a bigger issue on the 99-00 bikes. I disagree that a 4-2 system does not give hp increases, though I've not been on a dyno. The motor does rev much quicker now too.

I am debating now also about whether to get a 4:cool:1 or a 4:2 system. I truly like the 2 can look and that is sort of winning out right, but I have read a lot of other threads about the hp increase with a 4:cool:1 and am tempted to go that way. Just really don't know if I would be satisfied with the look afterwards!

I am debating now also about whether to get a 4:cool:1 or a 4:2 system.  I truly like the 2 can look and that is sort of winning out right, but I have read a lot of other threads about the hp increase with a 4:cool:1 and am tempted to go that way.  Just really don't know if I would be satisfied with the look afterwards!
The 2 - can look of the Busa was one of the things that attracted me to the bike in the first place. The one can looks like all other bikes.
EAKbusa is right about the 1 can, less weight, issue and the fact that all racers use the 1 can set-up, so it must be the way to go for the max HP increase.
I personally will never notice that weight difference and I doubt that I would notice the HP difference, maybe?
Maybe I will just get slipons, but the full systems do not cost that much more, and do give added HP with the PC3R.

At the track day I just attended, there were 2 bikes with dual cans, a Duck and an Aprilla, both sounded very nice  :drool:
Way better that any one can system, but I do realize that it depends on the system, and many one can systems sound very good.
The dual can bikes, just stood out a bit.  

Ride safe  

I am debating now also about whether to get a 4:cool:1 or a 4:2 system.  I truly like the 2 can look and that is sort of winning out right, but I have read a lot of other threads about the hp increase with a 4:cool:1 and am tempted to go that way.  Just really don't know if I would be satisfied with the look afterwards!
HMF Dual high mount = 13 HP gain on the Busa :bowdown:

Besides - it just looks badass. You'll have to do something with your undertail though. The stock rear signals have to be completley removed for the high mount to fit, and the ugly ass plastic fender can rub slightly against the inside of the cans (IE - get yourself a Top Gun Undertail).

Mac

I actually had the dealer mock install a single can high mount, but thought that it made the bike look two much like every other liter class bike out there. I went with Yosh polished oval slip ons, looks killer (imho) and sounds healthy. I don't know about power, but seems a little crisper off idle. How much more hp do you really need, anyway. :tounge:

The single can will you give you more low and mid range. I personally have a Yoshi RS-3 System with Duplex headers. With the PCIIIr I had 168 on the dyno. The Brock Pipe will give you about the same for a little more money. It is lighter though. It just depends what you want to do. Bling Bling, go with two. You want to go fast, go with one.

Back