Vacation pics

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
During my 3 weeks in Europe my wife took pictures of lots of churchs.  I saw about a million scooters but only this one Busa in Almeria (Spain):
272almeria-bike2-med.jpg

272almeria-bike-med.jpg

If it's your's raise your hand :)

Most bikes in Europe where used and abused looking - this guy took care of his......

Cool Man, But uh...Do you think it's a Suzuki??? Someone got a little carried away with them stickers. :D

But hey, Did you have a good time over there? You uh forgot to mention that.

That is a nice looking bike, but there had to be other things to see there!

Love the big red. I thought europe only had black & red, unless thats a U.S. model.

I had a good time - lots of stuff to see... In Rome it's pretty cool to see the colosseum and at the vatican is the statue where the chariots would make hairpin turns during races. I wish I had the busa with me that would have made a good picture. The pope just happened to make an appearance the day I was there too (so I can cross that off my been there, see him list). Riding a motorcycle in Rome would be a challenge everyday. The traffic/drivers there are CRAZY. Venice is a nice city too, its fun to take boats everywhere. It's amazing to see all the stuff they pile into boats, because they use the water just like we use hiways. I saw a small barge not much bigger than an 18 wheeler HAULING an 18 wheeler :laugh:

I just got back from a 2 week stay in Austria and noticed the same things you did. I did not see any Busa's and all the bikes I did see looked very abused. But I think most bikes are used as transpo because of the parking problem and not as weekend fun that sit in the garage all polished up like mine!

I have been to Europe a few times, but have spent more time in Asia (SE and SW). My vision of bikes in foreign countries comes from Korea where they are used in every possible role (transportation, moving vehicle, food delivery, farm vehicles, construction, etc.). It's amazing to see a motorcycle with a big 6 to 10 ft. ladder on the back or packages stacked about 10 ft. high on the back of a motorcycle. Wish I had some pictures to post.

Back