Hayabusa vs. XX

mikew

Registered
Hi, new member here, from the Toronto, Ontario area. I don't have a 'Busa (yet!) but thought this would be a good place to start the research; real riders on real bikes, not magazine hype.
I've been riding for 28 years and have had all kinds of bikes. I recently sold my 1997 CBR1100XX and currently have a Heritage Softail:p. Lately I've been getting pulled hard every time I see a 'Busa and last night I went around to three local dealers and they each had an '03 black Hayabusa on the floor. Great looking bike!
So, with the XX as my closest frame of reference, how do they compare? Not looking for a huge flame-fest here about brands:11:, just honest opinions from folks who have ridden both or at least have some relevant experience.
Thanks.

Smooth power everywhere. Riding around the countryside or burning it up at the track it's a great bike.

If you take one for a test ride, I am sure you will be sold.

Welcome to the site, these are good people. :D

Welcome to the board! Mikew, I havent ridden the XX but several members here have owned them, I'm sure they will fill ya in.
You might wanna check out the video MACH II it pits a busa/xx/r1/zzr1100 against each other in France and its pretty nuts. Also see if you can set up a test ride at a dealer or maybe even test ride a used busa. You will enjoy it... :D

I haven't ridden a CBR, but I can't imagine that it compares in capability or versatility to the 'Busa. I have been excited about the bike since before I had it. Anyway, welcome to the board.

The Busa isn't as refined as the Blackbird, But it has a lot more personality. I personally found the Blackbird to be a superb bike but after having ridden the Busa for awhile I could never think of going back. I miss the Bullet proof engineering of the Blackbird but the Busa really is much better at everything than the Blackbird is. The Busa really is a Monster Sport bike first and a Touring tool second, you will be amazed at the Handling of the big beast and constantly floored by the amazing power. The Extra Bonus comes from a fully adjustable suspension and a motor that NEVER stops pulling. The numbers may not show the Busa being that much faster or quicker than the Blackbird but there is a huge "Felt" difference that is unmatched on the Busa. It's a sweet bike and will never dissapoint nothing accelerates like it. Oh and No freaking Linked Brakes. Huge Bonus INMHO.

Oh and uh...Chicks really seem to dig the Hayabusa... and The Black Busa has a special "Air" about it as well... Ask Raider for Confirmation...

That's right, what Rev says. And nothin has the aura surround the Busa. I cant tell how many people say stuff like " is that a Hayabusa?!!!" and thats that "fastest bike bike isnt it?" ... they never say stuff about the ZX12 or the XX or even the GSXR1k its allways "WOW Hayabusa!" and nothin looks like it either. The best line I ever heard so far " thats the sexiest bike I have ever seen..."

gotta love it. ;)

That reminds that I haven't heard a compliment on my busa this week yet... and today was Friday. S7r4nge, very s7r4nge...

Welcome aboard!

Revlis has been 100% accurate IMHO. XX is more confortable, and that's it. The Hayabusa is the Q U E E N ! ! ! !

Hi and welcome, I'm a newbie here too...

I've spent quite a bit of time on a '00 Blackbird and now own an '02 Hayabusa.

IMO, the Hayabusa is a Blackbird with an attitude, a really awesome attitude.  If I had to make a technical comparison though I'd say the only thing the bird has over the busa is the brakes.  But other than that the Hayabusa wins hands down.

Get the Hayabusa, you'll never look back at the Blackbird.

All this and I work at a Honda dealership... they hate when I say this kinda stuff   :rofl:

Kris

<!--EDIT|busababe813
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067655050 -->

Welcome to the board. I to have never ridin the XX but the Busa is one heck of a rush. You'll love it.

Welcome to the board. No flame and I have never ridden a blackbird but, I did toast one from a roll Wednesday afternoon. No idea of the skill of the other rider. The Busa does get more than it's fair share of compliments. Snow bird in a one ton Ford pulled up to me at a light yeaterday and started talking bout how he wanted one. Guy in the vid store recognized it from 50' in the dark & I couldn't get out with the video! (OK maybe I like talking about the bike, just a bit.)

Ride one, you'll never be the same!

Hi and welcome, I'm a newbie here too...

I've spent quite a bit of time on a '00 Blackbird and now own an '02 Hayabusa.

IMO, the Hayabusa is a Blackbird with an attitude, a really awesome attitude.  If I had to make a technical comparison though I'd say the only thing the bird has over the busa is the brakes.  But other than that the Hayabusa wins hands down.

Get the Hayabusa, you'll never look back at the Blackbird.

All this and I work at a Honda dealership... they hate when I say this kinda stuff   :rofl:

Kris
Black Bird with an Attitude...Pretty much says it all.

One thing you'll notice right away with the busa is that when it is just sitting there idling warming up...it makes a heck of a lot more racket mechanically than the Blackbird...Just a party going on under that fairing...

I currently have both an '00 XX and an '01 'Busa. As said before, the XX is more refined, has better brakes (though I could do w/o the linked setup) and the steering is lighter than the 'Busa. The 'Busa has better ground clearance, the XX has the feelers removed and I'm scraping the lower fairing and exhaust in the twisties. The engine on the XX is much smoother running but isn't as powerful or have the attitude of the 'busa. Seat is better on the 'busa but both have similar riding positions. Fully adjustable suspension on the 'Busa is a bonus.

I'm selling the XX soon to buy a 1K. The XX is a "nice" bike but the 'Busa is the one I will own forever. There's just nothing like it. Ferocious is a good word.

DSC00917.JPG

I'VE BEEN RIDING FOR 34 YEARS AND HAVE OWNED QUITE A FEW BIKES. IF MY BUSA WAS TAKEN AWAY AND I COULD HAVE ANY BIKE IN THE WORLD I WOULD TAKE THE BUSA BACK A NO BRAINER IT'S THAT GOOD AND A BOX OF CHOCLATES. OH YEA WELCOME TO THE BOARD YOU'RE GONNA LOVE YOUR NEW BUSA.

:beerchug:

Oh and uh...Chicks really seem to dig the Hayabusa... and The Black Busa has a special "Air" about it as well...   Ask Raider for Confirmation...
Well I hate to admit it, but Revils is correct. :mad:
The girls just flock around his Black Busa... Its like my grey-silver is invisible or something. :super:

IMHO the Busa is also more comfortable. And with 30,000 miles on one I oughta know! :thumbsup:

Put it this way... The GSX1300R is a VFR800 on Steroids!

pirate.gif

Go with the Busa and you'll never be sorry. Go with something else and you'll always wonder, "what if I would've bought the Busa?"

You guys also forgot a few things.... the XX has a butt ugly tail section and doofy looking stock exhaust cans with no exit spiggots.

But really the XX is a nice ride but it's just not a Busa. Ride one for yourself and you'll understand (geez, sounds like a Harley ad, only this one is true and from an actual cyclist, not a marketing exec.).

Like the difference between

& a wondering

with the speed of

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067984178 -->

Back