The Hayabusa and the Tall Rider

Beserker

Registered
I have to ask those rider who are 6' and above how comfortable it is to ride a Hayabusa. I am considering picking up a Hayabusa, but I am 6'4" and 210; and wanted to hear from those rider about my size and what their experience has been?

Also, is there any recommeded modification to fit the bike to the tall rider?

Thank you, if the bike will fit me there will be one in the garage by week's end!!

I would say go for it....I guarantee it will be more comfortable than an r1 or something more aggressive....get different pegs and bar risers and you'll be as comfy as sitting on a couch.

I'm 6'2" and it's not too bad. I would say that if you got the clips on's that raise the grips an inch or so, that's a good possibility.

Personally my only issue is my wrists get sore during low speed riding. At higher speeds (60+) the wind pushes back on your body and balances the weight very well. since 35 of my 40 mile ride is high speed, it's not too big an issue.

The bigger issue is the sore butt syndrome. I got a Suzuki gel seat to cure that. A well spent $110.00

Johncal

I'm 6'3" and 210 myself and haven't had any problems riding the 'Busa. I haven't done any real extended rides, but have done several of an hour or so without difficulty. If you get one you won't regret it!

I am 6'0" and have not had any complaints with the riding position of my 'Busa. May I suggest getting one of Tobin's seats, the seat will lower you down into the bike, taking some of the pressure off of your wrists and arms.

I am 6'2" and 215 and rode my Busa to Sturgis and back this year and aside from my hangover it was a good ride (1300 miles round trip).

poke.gif

6'4" 290#. Not so bad on the wrists as I can sit nearly upright but I would recommend different pegs. Also you will need a new windshield to avoid the windblast trying to rip your head off when it gets under the lid.

I'm 6'0 with long legs. I find the stock pegs to be too high for longer rides. There are two resonably priced options. Stock TL-R or GSXR pegs (with a little grinding) will fit and give and extra .5 to .75" of leg room. Lockhart also makes adjustable pegs for even more room. You can find more info by searching.

Some tall riders say they can't see the gauges through the stock screen. A double bubble screen will solve that problem.

I tried taller bars but liked stock more.

I've seen lots of taller riders on Busa's, it's a big bike and a great bike, seems to work out.

At higher speeds (60+) the wind pushes back on your body and balances the weight very well. since 35 of my 40 mile ride is high speed, it's not too big an issue.

Johncal
Finally! Someone else who experiences the same thing as me!
That's why I won't change the windscreen from stock.

I would say ride it for a while before raising the bars and lowering the pegs. I've been back and forth to Vegas twice (300 miles) and it does very well. Tip your head forward a little to keep the windblast out from under your helmet.

I'm 6'3 and 190lbs. No problems whatsoever being fairly comfy on a Busa. The only time it can get uncomfortable is when it's been lowered in the rear. I lower mine when it's drag race time and after a short time in the saddle, it can start to stop blood flow to the thighs. It can also make the knees a bit weak. At stock ride height however, no complaints.:D

I am 6' 7" and about 220 lbs and I fell very comfortable.
My recommendations are a double bubble windscreen which makes the gauges easier to read the screen is not in the way and you can fit behind it.
My other one is possibly heli bars which raise the grips up and turn the angle to make it more comfortable.

Have fun and safe riding!!!!! :)

I'm 6'8" and 280 lbs. I think the busa is very comfortable. I bought a gel seat, a Zero Gravity Sport touring windscreen, and ground about .5 of an inch of rubber off the foot pegs.

im 6"4 and 300 no problem riding i dropped mine 3in in back and front havent been on a long ride yet but for the rides i have been on it was cool peace and safe riding. :super:

I have long legs like artnshel and on occasion have wanted to adjust the pegs a little, but haven't done long enough rides for it to matter.

Thank you all for you input! It has been a deciding factor on a Hayabusa, which I will order tomorrow from the local dealer. I am sure that I will fit and I am excited about finally buying this bike. I saved the info on potential modification for future use, if I find I need a little more leg room.

Again thank you all!: :D

some of you guys are huge!!!!!! 6'8" damn giant!!!!!!!

6'5" @ 280lbs

Better than any other sport bike, that's for sure. Learn to keep your weight off of your wrists by supporting your torso with your hips and you can go very far on a 'Busa. About the only unfortunate thing was that the stock windscreen blocked my view of about 1/2 of the instrument cluster. I installed a ZG double bubble, however, and it's all good now.

6'3" and around 200lbs. Reaper risers ($35) - 1.25" rise in the bars, and TLR1000 pegs (an extra 1/2 or 3/4" legroom). It's about as comfy as you'll get on a sportbike. Another bike you might want to look at is the <gasp> ZX-12. It's a tall bike, and feels like it has more legroom. Busa has a better ride, though.

After reading this post I feel short. :sad: At 5'8" I'm comfy on the Busa. Anyway Welcome to the board. Get the Busa you'll love it. :D

I am 6'2 ".210lbs. I just got my busa its one week old.03Black/grey.I traded a Yamaha YZF 1000.I loved that bike.I took a chance and bought the Busa.I had no way to even start it before I bought it..Thank God I love it sooooooooo much.The hayabusa is the best allround bike I ever had.
Buy it,Use it carefully.Put a Suzuki gel seat,Double Bubble shield,Lockhart pegs.Tall Clipon bars.
ENJOY...Chamalk

Back