Another wet and slippery ride

IG.

Registered
Went for a ride on Sunday - it was a little wet from the rain just hours prior. I actually appreciate riding in the wet as you can get very intimate with traction, and actually live through it (actually, my front stepped out a little, but it was very gentle and nothing bad happened). Leaving, I accidentally accelerated on the white line, and the rear fishtailed - what an experience.

On my way to the twisties, I stopped and took a few pictures.

Click here for pictures.

Another fine day of riding.

Very nice pictures, IG. It's a great time of year for picture taking!

Sweet pictures man thanks...

I really miss seeing all the leaves change. Florida kinda misses out there...

Excellent pics.
Looks like the road we took out of the Bronx towards Peteskill (sp).

where excatly were those taken?
It's about 30 - 40 miles North from NYC, where Taconic Parkway crosses some reservoir - 2 bridges - one for each direction. The most breathtaking view is right on the bridge, but there is no place to stop there, and I am not about to walk away from my bike for more than a couple of hundred feet.

How about the passing cop? He gave me a look! Well, since I wasn't doing triple digits at the time, he had no problem with me. :tounge:

Kewl! So I'm not the only idio...
I mean skilled pilot out there on a Busa in the rain!!
pirate.gif

Just got done last month riding about 150 miles in the rain. It's not really all that bad. you just need to be smooth and take it easy. NEVER push it in the rain. just wait 'till it dries out.

BTW....the road marking lines can be just as slippery in the dry, especially the plastic painted ones used mostly at intersections.

Johncal

Back