Oil light flickering

nxvette01

Registered
Has anyone had their oil light flicker at idle ? I made a few passes on my 06 and it started flickering at idle but went away with rpm. So I let the bike sit and cool off a little bit and it seems fine now. Oh and yes it shows to have oil in the sight glass.

and then check it again. The next problem will be your crank.
SHOCKED.gif

(little @ Mar. 23 2007,18:18) and then check it again.  The next problem will be your crank.
SHOCKED.gif
Something tells me that if you keep telling him to check his oil he is gonna get cranky on ya!

ices_rofl.gif

as the busa gets hotter it tends to idle slower    just bump up the idle to around 1150rpms while the motors hot and the oil light will stop

(ozz @ Mar. 23 2007,22:25) as the busa gets hotter it tends to idle slower    just bump up the idle to around 1150rpms while the motors hot and the oil light will stop
Ok thanks I will try that.

(nxvette01 @ Mar. 23 2007,20:27)
(ozz @ Mar. 23 2007,22:25) as the busa gets hotter it tends to idle slower    just bump up the idle to around 1150rpms while the motors hot and the oil light will stop
Ok thanks I will try that.
also you might want to put a dab of loctite on the idle screw or the idle will drop again
smile.gif

I have a similar problem, but my oil light does not go out with increased RPM's. Just changed the stator and filled up oil two days ago. Everything appears to run as advertised, but oil light intermittently flickers randomly. Any ideas?

Back