cooling fan ?

Strait Line

Registered
How long dose everyone's cooling fan run when it comes on?Mine started acting up in daytona last week.It started way to late and got worse where it didn't come on at all sometimes.Went to radio shack in daytona bought some wire and a switch and bypassed it and run it manually so it stayed cool.Took it to local suzuki shop couple days ago they replaced the switch under warranty no problem,it comes on where it should but dont run long enough (short cycles).Starts getting hot before it runs again then shuts off again before it cools down.Cant remember this happening before however i did have my full exhaust system removed (to loud) and the factory exhaust put back on about a month ago.I know the radiator was drained and removed when they put the factory system back on,just wondering if air in the system would cause eratic fan operation? Sorry for the long post any ideas would be great.

Thank's guys for the help
beerchug.gif
.Running engine ice now think that is when it started probably got the air in it when they flushed and changed to the engine ice.Thanks agin will let ya know if that is the problem.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

unless its 90+ and I'm sitting in traffic mine never runs

(fstbusa @ Mar. 21 2007,03:57) unless its 90+ and I'm sitting in traffic mine never runs
Same here I woried at first but it has never over heated & gauge shows nomal.

by passing switches a good idea, cuz even if they kicks in they don't stay long enough...
rock.gif

the window between the off/on 221 F and on/off 212 F switch of the temp gauge is very narrow. It is anoying and you can replace the temp switch with the honda one which has a wider window.

Back