tail light, brake light and turn signal wiring

BusaBill

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know for sure which color does what? Trying to install my undertail and I don't have a voltmeter or a battery in it to test the wires. Thanks!

(BusaBill @ Mar. 19 2007,20:26) Anyone know for sure which color does what?  Trying to install my undertail and I don't have a voltmeter or a battery in it to test the wires.  Thanks!
Bill if you have a pic of what you are looking at, I might be able to get you started...

Shawn

But, I also have a schematic, so that should work
PM sent

Black = L turn signal wire
Green = R turn signal wire
Black with white tracer = ground
Brown = taillight
White with black tracer = brake light

(jjmetheny @ Mar. 19 2007,19:24) Black = L turn signal wire
Green = R turn signal wire
Black with white tracer = ground
Brown = taillight
White with black tracer = brake light
Now that is just frickin amazing! Guy asks a question about wiring and BOOM, there is the answer! This place ROCKS!!!

beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
super.gif

i have a question on that same note.I hooked but the wires just like the diagram said and when i hit the front brakes the tail light dim.And the rear brakes will not activate the taillight to glow.The green wire have 12v and the black wire does not have any voltage when i turn the signal on.Can i just tap into the front turn lights to bypass all that.

Nevermind i found out my problem im stupid!My tail end is aftermarket thats why its not working the socket only have 3 wires.Brake light wire,and park lights wire and ground.I guess i will just have to add rear turn signals on the back some where.Thanks for the wire color info.

Ok I got one for you. Bought an 08 with extended undertail and no signal lights. Bought a stock undertail put it on and the left light comes on but the right one don't. the right signal works but the left one dont.

Back