canaidian riders

smallestpilot

Registered
I live up here in chilly canada, and ive had the girl for this season, wonderin if all other canadians park the bike during winter or do you just put her to rest and wake her up during nice days.
Also just curious how many riders from the calgary area or close to. :newbie:

Winterizing for Canadians... 2 steps.

1) Ride Busa to Florida.
2) Give Busa to Revlis.

He will be along shortly to explain I'm sure... ;)

I LIVED IN THE COW TOWN FROM 1975 TO 1985 HAD A HONDA 750 F I BOUGHT FROM BLACKFOOT CYCLE. I RODE ALL YEAR ROUND. IF YOU LAY HER UP AND A CHINOOK BLOWS THROUGH YOU'LL KICK YOURSELF HARD. ALSO CHECK OUT GROUND PILOTS THEY ARE IN YOUR AREA.

:super:

No Busa yet, but my SVS sleeps in the inlaws heated garage for the winter. There are lots of threads on how to properly lay up a bike for winter, or just PM me for my list that I give to any rider that needs to store their bike in a garden shed or even outside. ;)

I live up here in chilly canada, and ive had the girl for this season, wonderin if all other canadians park the bike during winter or do you just put her to rest and wake her up during nice days.
Also just curious how many riders from the calgary area or close to. :newbie:
I'm in Calgary and here's what I do with my '02:

1)Take it for a nice season-ending ride to warm it up (last year I rode up until mid-December)
2)Change the oil and filter
3)If possible, remove each plug and put a few drops of oil in and replace the plugs
4)Wash, wax, generally clean the bike up
5)Put it up on race stands
6)Lubricate the chain
7)Remove the battery and keep it on a 'trickle' charge all winter
8)Cover it up (as tempting as riding during a chinook is, don't bother - the roads may not be that great, particularly in shaded areas and the weather can turn on you quickly; just leave the bad boy until spring)
9)Go shopping for goodies during the off-season
OR
Follow BusaFever's advice!  :D

Hope this helps.
What part of Calgary are you in?

I am in total agreement with haywood. we dont get chinooks here in saskwatch but if we did I would probably be a little leary of the icy patches. I prefer to leave the bike in a constantly cold temp as opposed to a heated garage that is only heated some of the time. the heat change causes condensationt to build on the fuel tank and crankcase(bad)I have heard bad things about stabailiser( it rotted the petcock diaphragm on my brothers blackbird) so I will most likely not use it in my bike, just make sure the gas is the freshest possible. :super:

Good thing about living in Cowtown - no such thing as "end of bike season" since I moved here from Ontario I have never winterized my bike. Chinooks blow in and ahhhhh time to ride !!! Haywood - didn't know you were here - cool !! Smallestpilot - have you heard of the Calgary Ground Pilots ? Check us out !! http://www.groundpilots.com

Hey Bandit... indeed I am here... not one to be a post-wh0re, I've been laying low! One day we gotta hook up for a ride!

thanks for the advice guys, i think im just gonna put her away till the spring. oh and haywood, i live in mckenzie town, i also have a friend who has an 03, he is in marlbrough. pm me sometime

Back