What a weekend.....

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Well, the Army is reassigning me and my family from Arizona to Colorado this summer (May 11th actually). So my wife and I took the last couple weeks to look on-line at homes for sale in the Colorado Springs and Pueblo area. We found out last week about 15,000 Soldiers are redeploying from Iraq (previously stationed at Ft. Hood and will be relocating to Ft Carson) in about 45days, so many Realtors and private sellers will be raising prices. Friday I caught a couple buddies and talked them into a roadtrip to that area. We left Friday afternoon, ditched out of work a little early, made it there (890miles later) about 3:30am Sat morning. Ate breakfast at 8am and started looking at houses at 9:30. Found the new home, called the wife to get approval on making an offer, she was hesitant but soon agreed to it (she knows if she's not happy with it I will live with the guilt and let-down for the rest of my life). I made an offer Sat. afternoon, it was countered, and I in turn countered the seller, and we finally made a contract this morning..as I was on the road back home. We were able to watch UFC 68 (I think that was the most recent one) before we slept another few hours and hit the road. Made it there in 13.5hrs, and made it back in 11.5hrs..found a shorter shortcut and maintained a better average mph. I'm smoked right now. Slept an aggregate of 8hrs since thursday night, covered 1780+/- miles, looked at 4 homes, selected and bought one after hours of convincing the wife this is it, the home we've wanted for a long time.

Home info: 2956s.f., 3 car garage (need to finish the 3rd car part, rest is already drywalled etc...), 1/3acre in town lot, 4 bedroom, 2.5bath (including one jet-spa tub). All interior corners are rounded off, including the semi-finished basement (just needs the floor covering), pre-wired for surround sound in basement, living room and rear deck area! Tile flooring in foyer, kitchen, bathrooms and dining room. New textured berber carpet in living room, hallway and bedrooms. Recessed lighting throughout the entire house as well! Mature tree's, beautifully landscaped too. I didn't any front exterior shots, since there was a frontal pic on the MLS Listing, but will post interior pics tomorrow...so whooped right now.

I will be reviewing many of the garage pics I've seen here and one the car forums I visit for ideas in finishing the shop area. Plan on plumbing the entire garage with compressor outlets, and drop down lines, a bike lift, and other creature comforts.

We close the end of this month. Now we just need to pack, load the u-haul, wifes trailblazer, the bike trailer and haul tail up there to unload and relax. Can't wait.

Charlie

sweet! I just bought a house myself. It is stressfull. I couldn't image doing it all in one day. Have a
all_coholic.gif

Best wishes on the new home.
beerchug.gif

Arizona to Colorado.........almost like a different country.

Nice! Congrats. Next time you pass through Albuquerque, stop in and see us!

super.gif
beerchug.gif

--Wag--

Damn, what Army are you in. I couldnt afford an apartment when I was in! Congrats!

beerchug.gif

Congrats. Buying a house is a pain in the ass. Driving 1800 miles is a pain in the ass. Doing both in the same weekend....Yeah, go sleep for 3 days or something.

Charlie,good luck with the move and new home. Sound like a nice house!
Andas always,thanks for serving!!
bowdown.gif

Congratulations! I feel some your pain as we are in the process of buying another home as well. (only our new one is only 10 miles away from our current home)
You'll love the riding in the area. If you like off road riding, even better.

congrats on finding your dream home! still lookin at places with tha wife, so I know what ya mean about stress-cant imagine doin it all in one day while on the road with only a few hours sleep!
SHOCKED.gif

glad it all worked out, cant wait to see pics.
beerchug.gif

Back