Rookie

Red face

According to bike magazines here in the UK they are saying that other than top speed the new gixer 1000 is a faster bike on roll ons 1/4 mile etc...

Any comments from you all ?
    Black stealth 2003 gsx1300r limited edition uk model

I have both an 02 busa and 03 gixxer, could be true with stock bikes? I rolled on with salsa and got him twice, later he discovered his compression was around 90 lbs.... I have rolled on with modded twelves and pulled on them but only to like 160 or so. not many "stock" busas show up around here with experienced riders on them, so its hard to test the theory. perhaps gixxer pete, AKA "heyabuza" has completed the test?
    I could roll on with him but my busas not stock.....
    SPEED IS RELATIVE....
    FAST FOR YOU, IS TOO DAYAM SLOW FOR ME...

Rookie

Are they right then ?
    Black stealth 2003 gsx1300r limited edition uk model

Post ***** Master Jedi

You can't always believe what ya read. I doubt a 1000 will out pull a Busa in a 3rd-4th gear roll on.
    KEEP THE FORCE!

In a 6th gear role-on I would say "YES" but 1/4 mile *BS*! (This is due to several reasons but mainly gearing, weight and the G1K power!)

It will be pretty hard for them to keep the front end of the G1k on the ground in the 1/4 but either way it's a very close race and will come down to the more skilled rider!

Don't believe everything you read in UK bike mags, there 1/4 times are a little..........IFFY! A while back they posted a stock BUSA running a 10.8 in the 1/4 and an 11? something in another test!

How many plug wires did they pull off of it?!?!?

Either way the BUSA is the best ALL around bike (touring, back roads, any straight away, 1/4 mile, TOP SPEED, etc.)!
    *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project*
    "WILMINGTON MILE" license run - 204.542 MPH!
    "HOUSTON HALF MILE" - 196.8 MPH!
    "TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

tinman, there is no question the busa will womp it after 160-65 or so, like I said, I rolled on with salsas busa, both of us in 2nd gear and I pulled on him twice to about 160 then we shut down. he had low compression and wieghs about 220. my gixxer has pulled on 12s to about a registered 165? another twelve I deadlocked with? I feel the two bone stock are pretty deadlocked rolled on in 2nd from around 65-70, the gixxer will prolly get a slight jump cuz of the weight advantage and possibly hold it till around 150? there is no doubt in my mind after that the bus will reel in the gix with a nice salute. I beleive 1/4 mile times are real close...
    SPEED IS RELATIVE....
    FAST FOR YOU, IS TOO DAYAM SLOW FOR ME...

Professional Pilot

Here is what I've noticed. Stock Vs Stock with equal riders, the 1000 will beat a busa in the 1/4 mile

If you optimize the gearing, the busa will win in the 1/4 mile. The busa has more torque and more HP, and more weight to keep the front end down.

top end? the busa will win

The 1000 is a sick bike, and yes, in many instances, will take a busa to about 160mph

Mike

Rookie

DONT ALWAYS BELIEVE THE MAGS. IF YOU DO THEN YOU WILL REALIZE THAT ELVIS IS STILL ALIVE, ALIENS HAVE LANDED, AND BRITTANY SPEARS IS ACTUALLY A DUDE!!!

"MOTOR CYCLIST" MAG AUGUST 2003 COVER READS "AMERICA'S QUICKEST STREET BIKES!" AT HTE END OF THE DAY OF DRAG RACING THE BUSA WON WITH A BEST RUN OF 9.471 @ 147.56 MPH. NUFF SAID!
    You come into this world with nothing

You leave this world with nothing

While you're here you should have something really COOL!

Hayabusa Immortal

Hey, Britney Spears IS a dude and his name is Justin Timberlake

Rookie

ive read the busa is faster from a 60-80 roll on and has a faster 1/4 mile in my mag.

TommyB
    its not illegal if u dont get caught

Hayabusa Immortal

How does the magazine define fastest And what were the parameters for the test? I ask because since there have been no major changes in our Beloved Busa in some years they it would seem more profitable to report on the lastest if not greatest bike -- ..all this to say its been a while since i've seen Suzuki buy advertising space for the hayabusa
    Something about that full leather look that makes you just want to put your knee down!

Kim
    New Recruit

I have this magazine, if anyone would like me to scan the comparison "test" and post it, let me know and I will do so