Heel Shifting?

scubes13

Registered
This may come across as completely insane - but does anyone make a toe and heel shifter for the Busa?

There are times (like when riding to church) that I might possibly be found wearing dress shoes. In such cases, being able to shift up with my heel would be nice.

I ask, since this has been my routine when riding the Ultra Classic.

TIA,
Kevin L. (Scubes)

Don't take this the wrong way...

That's just funny. All I can picture is a big old mousetrap foot clutch hanging off a Hayabusa rearset and an eight ball shift lever clumsily welded to the tank...oh even better, a skull shift knob!

Seriously though, no...I don't know of anything like that and can't picture who they would market it to if anything like that did exist. But IF there is such a device then someone here will know about it.

You could just get one of those Pingel electric up and down shifters and then you wouldn't scuff up your nice wingtips on the way to church.

Yes, it is insane. A fashionable male would accessorize his sunday-best church outfit with these

g17631.jpg

Actually, why not use one of those slip-on toe protectors?

something like these

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Shoe-boot-biker-protector-parts-accessories_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50426QQi
hZ008QQitemZ180086680317QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" target="_blank">shifter skins</a>

(scubes13 @ Feb. 16 2007,22:15) This may come across as completely insane - but does anyone make a toe and heel shifter for the Busa?

There are times (like when riding to church) that I might possibly be found wearing dress shoes. In such cases, being able to shift up with my heel would be nice.

TIA,
Kevin L. (Scubes)
They make toe protectors brother
wink.gif

When I destroyed my '02, I wrecked my left leg too, leaving me unable to shift normally. I can't pull up on my foot, but with a brace on, I can pull my whole leg up and shift. This gives me a lot of pain, so I made a heel-toe shifter for it. I've changed it some since this pic, but here's the original "Gimpshifter".

gimpshifter3.jpg

I have a form of it on my old Buell, my newer Buell actually has two shifters.

You guys are awesome! See, I knew I came to the right place.

I never knew they made slip-on toe protectors. That would certainly do the trick. (Thnx dadofthree and kairles)

Or, I could do just as I did last night - throw my "roach-stompers" in my back pack and ride there with my sneakers.... orrrrr.... some SIDI's (Big George ;)). Already had been considering a pair.

But look at Buelbomb! I knew someone must have at least considered it. :-D

Thanks so much for the quick replies!

(Buellbomb @ Feb. 17 2007,07:23) When I destroyed my '02, I wrecked my left leg too, leaving me unable to shift normally. I can't pull up on my foot, but with a brace on, I can pull my whole leg up and shift. This gives me a lot of pain, so I made a heel-toe shifter for it. I've changed it some since this pic, but here's the original "Gimpshifter".

gimpshifter3.jpg

If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it. But, the heart of a rider beats hard - no silly cast is going to stop us!
beerchug.gif

you could just cut an old sock off and put the toe part over your shoe also.

(Buellbomb @ Feb. 17 2007,05:23) When I destroyed my '02, I wrecked my left leg too, leaving me unable to shift normally. I can't pull up on my foot, but with a brace on, I can pull my whole leg up and shift. This gives me a lot of pain, so I made a heel-toe shifter for it. I've changed it some since this pic, but here's the original "Gimpshifter".

gimpshifter3.jpg

My hats off to Ya  
bowdown.gif
. Now that's just down right clever ! I guess where their's a will, their's a way ! Looks Great also --- CONGRADS  
beerchug.gif

(scubes13 @ Feb. 16 2007,22:15) This may come across as completely insane - but does anyone make a toe and heel shifter for the Busa?

TIA,
Kevin L. (Scubes)
It might look goofy but its cheap and we all have an abundant supply laying around the house . An Old Sweat Sock .

Back