Front pit bull stand question

The Oracle

Registered
Has anyone used the regular pit bull front stand to pull the front tire? I was not sure if it will work, since you gotta loosen the forks at the bottom. I am gonna bum if it doesn't work, since I recently bought it and all for this purpose.

Thanks in advance for any info,
Vaughn

I believe you'd be lucky to do it without the front coming off of the stand with the forklift. Much movement in the front forks makes it very unstable. I dropped the front twice from the forklift by being stupid and moving the front around. Luckily no damage either time except to my nerves. I gave it up and vowed not to try and move the forks at all when it was on the forklift.

I'm sure some crazy joker has done it but they definitely have bigger nuts or a smaller brain than I have. :D

Dang... When I bought it, I asked the guy, and he said I would only need the "new" version if I planned on doing stuff to the forks. And, that the front tire would come off lickity-split!

So, perhaps I should give it to a bud and start from scratch with the right stand.

I'm sure you could get the front tire off but it'd be a bigger risk than I'm willing to take. Give it or sell it to a bud and get the newfront. You'll thank yourself every time you need to turn the forks while it's on the stand, I promise. The newfront was a blessing putting on my frame sliders. I could turn the front to get access to all the fasteners without having to take the time to put the front on the ground. I highly recommend the newfront to anyone who does more than just let the busa sit still on the stands. :cool:

Speaking of the newfront... Is it easier to lift?? With my meager 165 lb body, I find myself putting every ounce into it!

The newfront stand is definitely easier to lever up than the forklift. Seems like it has better leverage. The only thing hairy about using it is getting the pin between the fender and fairing. It fits (on stock height for sure) but it's close. A towel layed across the fender is a good idea to avoid a scuff.

Just a thought, if you have a floor jack, put a 2x4 under your headers, put the jack under the 2x4 and lift your front off the ground.

You are not going to bend those header pipes.

Now if you have an aftermarket pipe, I am not so sure.

Stealth

Oracle, I was at the shop today looking for the new front stand. They didn't have it, but I glanced through the Pit Bull catalog and it appears there is a conversion for the forklift to make it comparable to the Newfront. Believe it costs around $70 for that piece. Maybe you won't have to give it to a bud after all.

Oracle, I was at the shop today looking for the new front stand.  They didn't have it, but I glanced through the Pit Bull catalog and it appears there is a conversion for the forklift to make it comparable to the Newfront.  Believe it costs around $70 for that piece.  Maybe you won't have to give it to a bud after all.
I posted about this somewhere else but don't remember where. I remember Aaron at Pit Bull recommending that I go with the newfront if I wanted that option at all. I think he said the forklift w/conversion adapter didn't have the same clearance on a busa. This was before I bought a front stand of any kind so it wasn't like he was trying to sell me the newfront in addition to the forklift. You might call and talk to Aaron before you just go out and order the adapter. If it has less clearance than the true newfront it must be REALLY hairy getting it up on the stand with the conversion.

Well, fortunately or unfortunately they didn't have the newfront stand so I didn't buy a front stand. Guess I will just order it from the website.

Back