Tire Changing In Your Own Garage!

Cookie

Registered
It seems that with the easy consumption of tires on my Hayabusa that every time I turn around I am faced with the challenge of having someone else mount (and scratch my wheels and) my tires.

I have to rely on 'their' skills and hope that when recieve my hoops back and when I push the speed in confidence that the work that 'they' did, they did right! :super:

Well, I am not one to rely on others' faith and promises. I have decided to do something about it. :super:

I spotted this on another site and thought I would share it here with a little more elaboration.
example tools;
External Links Missing mounting press External Links Missing Tire Irons
thickrimprot.jpg
Bead Protectors
breakingbead.jpg
In Action
balance1.jpg
Balancing

http://www.clarity.net/~adam/tire-changing-doc.html

The above link is a fabulous article written and compiled by Adam Glass(contact e-addy adam@clarity.net ) is extremely helpful, please read it carefully if you are to consider this task.

If you are mechanically inclined, it will all come easy to you. If you are not and you still want to proceed through, ask someone that has good skills and is willing to help you toward your learning process.

With this tool added to your garage, you too can eliminate some of the gouging that is taking place and continue the presonal relationship you have and expect with your motorcycle.

And, who knows, with your new equipment you may make new friends!

Disclaimer reprinted; Improperly installed motorcycle tires can lead to serious injury and death, as tire problems can cause unpredictable, unavoidable accidents. The author is not responsible for any errors contained herein, and make no claims whatsoever as to the safety, validity, or veracity of the information contained in this document. Any work you choose to do on your motorcycle is done so at your own risk. If you do not know what you're doing, take your motorcycle to a reputable shop with skilled professional mechanics. The information contained in this document is provided for entertainment purposes only, and is not intended as advice on how to service a motorcycle. The instructions contained on this page merely document how the author changes his tires. Any use of the information contained in this document is done solely at your own risk.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES!

Be safe, use your head and enjoy! :beerchug:

Where do you get those rim plastic protectors? Those look sweet. can you say no more dinged up wheels :cool:

seriously i change mine all the time i want a set of those rim protectors too.

Sounds cool, but carefully look at the picture of the rim where the plastic things are laying there. Dahm, that rim looks beat to poop!

I know, Doc. Pretty bad. I know mine would not look like that.

You know, I looked around that link for those particular rim protectors,, I couldn't find anything. I'll take some time and browse the net later, see what I come up with.

I'll post up when I find something.

Back