Uneven pipes installed Wrong??

LongbowIP

Registered
I installed the Yoshi pipes and the left pipe is 25 inches from the floor on the stand and the right is 25.5 inches.  The distance between the turn sigals is 4 inches on the right and 4.5 on the  left.  The angle seems to be a little shallow on the left.  I posted this before and I tried the suggestion on swapping the brackets but that did not work.  

Any suggestions?

Tony

uneven_pipes.JPG

May be just me, or maybe the angle at which the photo was taken but the left pipe looks like it is twisted clockwise a little compared to the right. Maybe your midpipe could be loosened and twisted a little to straighten it? That might cure your problem.

A question... Did you measure all this before you swapped cans? Maybe the stock cans were the same way and you just didn't notice it? :super:

Bullet,

I did not measure before I changed the cans. But, I really did not notice it with the stock cans. I will try and loosen the midpipe and rotate and see if that works.

Thanks

Tony

Like the Bullet said, only, loosen both mid pipes AND the three muffler bolts(just a little), AND the bracket bolts.
Get them where ya want them and have a Buddy tighten them as you hold them.

This maybe a stupid question... but are you sure you have the everything on the correct side? Some pipes are made so that they fit on a particular side of the bike even though they look like they could fit on either side... ?? just my $.02

Bullet, I tried what you suggested but that did not help.

I will try the Sleeper method later.

I am starting to think that the exhaust header is not correct.  I will put the stock cans on tomorrow and see if they are correct.  If not then I will take it back to the dealer to see if they can fix it  or just get a full system.

Thanks for all the replies.

Tony.

p.s. At least I did accomplish posting a picture. :D :D

:eek: I just checked mine and guess what? They're off the same amount. Thanks, now I'll notice every time I look at it from the rear. :laugh: I'll live with it.

Big O,

Sorry for bringing it to your attention.

Twisted,

No leaks and they sound great.

After thinking about it It doesn't look too bad. I guess I need to forget about it.

Thanks for all the replies. Especially Big O for letting me know that I am not the only one with it.:D :D :D

Tony

If anyone else should notice...Just tell them that it's a new design to increase horse power...I bet we'll start seeing them turned upside down... :D

Here's a thought, have you dropped the bike on that side? I did, maybe something got bent? Hmmmm, :super:

Big O,

She has never been dropped. I am thinking about getting a full yoshi system. Do you think that the sound will be the same as the dual yoshi. The Yoshi's on there now sound great....

Tony

O.K. bro........as you know I layed mine down and I just got the new hangers(thats all that was damaged). Well I read this thread and didn't think much about it. When I put it together my right side was off just like yours soooooooooo I loosen the bracket and grabbed the end of the pipe and twisted. The pipe below the flange bolt just before it goes under the bike isn't bolted (I guess the design is this way). Well I worked it until it was level and symetrical.

I dropped everything to come post. Its an easy fix.

FATJAP

fatjap,

Thanks,  I actually gave in to it being loopsided.  I am just going to tell people that I have problems with grip when turning to the left so I have the right pipe at a higher angle to increase the downforce .  .  :D :D

Tony

Back