Swingarm extention...

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody got a recommendation on the length of the swingarm extention...Want a good look but practical also...Will be racing on the strip and riding two up...Any suggestion is appreciated...I'm thinking 6"...

how much loss of power? I did not think an extension would effect power. IF that is the case, I may think twice before doing one...

Cloud

4" for every day riding like ya wanna do.
6", tops.
Length has nothing to do with the power.

SBS bikes are 9 1/2" over.

never go over 6 "  loss of power is unreal and it is very useless. bolt ons are the best.
Bolt on's are what the mechanic at the shop recommended also...He said that they had become really popular with Busa owners...And they would actually save me a bit of cheddar for additional upgrades...

Well,
They aren't for me, BUT,
LOTS of people use them with success.
I have never heard of a failure with them.
I just like the looks of an extended stock arm.

If you get them, check out Nick at
GIXX1300R@aol.com

He is a board member and a great guy. :thumbsup:

He builds and sells them, they are the best looking one's I have seen.

Technically speaking, there would be a slight loss of "available" rear wheel power due to the increased rotational mass of the additional chain links required by a stretched swing arm. ;)

Was my post confusing or offensive?

I said that in response to the comment above: "length has nothing to do with power". Swing arm length affects power for the reason I stated.

stun, get the extensions. mine r on order. 2-4" adjustable, and you can take the dam thang off if ya dont want it on.

few" xtn is all ya need on a stock-ish bike for drag racing. more than that, you will have the back of the bike going too low, and the further back ya go with the wheel, less traction.

stun, get the extensions. mine r on order. 2-4" adjustable, and you can take the dam thang off if ya dont want it on.

few" xtn is all ya need on a stock-ish bike for drag racing. more than that, you will have the back of the bike going too low, and the further back ya go with the wheel, less traction.
It's pretty much a done deal...Just trying to determine when I'm going to drop it off...The shop is 2/3 weeks behind... :devil:

It's pretty much a done deal...Just trying to determine when I'm going to drop it off...The shop is 2/3 weeks behind...   :devil:
so what are ya going with, when I'm ready i'm going with a 4'' extended arm myself. Not to short, not to long :super:

"never go over 6 " loss of power is unreal and it is very useless."

This is the statement that I was refering to.
Why 6"?

Why don't you loose "unreal" power at 4" over, or why isn't the majic number 8" over?

The length os a swingarm has NO bearing on the power of the bike!

It's true that there IS lose of power thru the drivetrain, but the length of the chain has an extremely small factor in the final number.

We're only talkin, a few inches here........... :thumbsup:

Back