Rear Tire Wear

bronc3

Registered
What tire have you gotten the best wear out of?I can't seem to get more than 2500 with "normal" riding.I am willing to give up a little traction to get more wear out of a rear.

I have run 4 kinds of tires so far
Stock Bridgestones BT 56's 2200 miles they were lousy.
Next Michelin Pilot Sport HPX 3500 miles very nice.
Dunlop 208's 2800 miles ok in my opinion.
Bridgestone BT10's 2600 miles again only so so.
Back to Pilot Sport HPX both front and back.
I have 11500 miles on the clock so far this year and will probably survive the season on the Michelin's.
My Vote is Michelin Pilot HPX,not just the pilot road.

TimmyDuck, DITTO, started with BT's, went to Dunlop(two sets), then to Michelin's HPX same results (just changed out rear again). It is hot down here, most tires stick great. ;)

I gots new HPXs on my Busa. Havent quite got them broke in good yet. So far, I love em...

Stick real good.

what kind of prices are you guys finding on the michelin hpx's? and where at? Was planning on trying a set next time as I'm on the dunlop 208's now... which are good... but if the mich's last longer and have the same/better traction.. yep!

Funny how I am going the same route.Switched to Dunlop 208's;Not much better so far.Don't seem as sticky as the BT's,but not really wearing much better either.I will most likely follow your advice and try Michelins.Thanks folks!

Thanks for the tip. I'm also on 208's now but don't have more than about 1000 miles on them, wear is decent so far. I'll switch to the HPX next round, over 11,500 miles that almost sounds too good to be true but hey it's worth a try. Chris

If you are more interested in wear vs. performance, or at least a mix of both BT 20's wear the longest. I do not run them but have seen some terrific wear on these tires.

<hijack>

Say, how much wear am I likely to get out of my Metzler Sportec M1's? So far, so good...

</hijack>

I have read alot of different debates on the best tire for wear and performance/stickiness. What I came to a conclusion on, is that Metz Sportec M1's were the best and got the best reviews. From what I have read, they seem to be the best middle of the road (Performance & Wear) tires for the Hayabusa. Or am I wrong?... Because I am ready to buy a new set of tires soon! Thanks.. :thumbsup:

On the Michelin Pilot HPx's I am paying 171 for the rears and 110 on the fronts from "Discountmotorcycletireonline.com"
There is a 14 dollar shipping fee for each tire also,but no tax.

Thanks for the tip.  I'm also on 208's now but don't have more than about 1000 miles on them, wear is decent so far.  I'll switch to the HPX next round, over 11,500 miles that almost sounds too good to be true but hey it's worth a try.  Chris
I was kinda thinkin he meant he had 11500 on the bike altogether.......not just on the HPX's.
If I'm wrong let us know........I'm sure we'll all be running HPX's right away. :beerchug:

On the Michelin Pilot HPx's I am paying 171 for the rears and 110 on the fronts from "Discountmotorcycletireonline.com"
There is a 14 dollar shipping fee for each tire also,but no tax.
There is no such website that I can find.
Maybe just discountmotorcycletire.com, on there it is 178 for the 190 and 179 for the 200.
I'm not sure where you got the price but let us know if you can.

Well, when I first went to discountmotorcycletire I was ordering for me and a bunch of freinds because I have access to a tire machine and balancer, they were having a problem filling my order for all the different tires I wanted, so I got on the web site and the phone to customer service at the same time. They had updated there price sheets in the home office but not on the web site so I insisted on the cheaper price and they gave it to me.
I have bought over 20 tires from them to this year so they have to like me a little.
So whenever I place an order online now, I always call the next day to confirm it and make sure they have what I want.
Looks like prices are as you state now,but I still think they are one of the best around, but I will use Chapparel in a bind.

I've got 4k from the rear stock 56 and there is probably about another 1k left. I spoke to the Mitchelin dealer at the latest BMF show over here who reckons at least 50% better wear from the HX than the 56's with the same sort of grip....so thats whats going on mine when they are due for a change!:)

I've got 4k from the rear stock 56 and there is probably about another 1k left.  I spoke to the Mitchelin dealer at the latest BMF show over here who reckons at least 50% better wear from the HX than the 56's with the same sort of grip....so thats whats going on mine when they are due for a change!:)
over 4k from stock tyres - that's good - how do you drive it though ?

Wow I'm embarrassed to say I got over 8k on my original BT56J. But then I admit to not doing burnouts and keeping my air pressure checked... Hmmm the only thing i didn't like about it was the occassional slip in the corners-- those were "need an underwear change" moments.

Back