Things you do not like about the site.

MET

The Watcher
Registered
Ok let us hear what you do not like about the site. This will not be held against you. :D Cap. will not cut you off he he does not like what he hears. Keep to the facts dislikes only. The other thread is for likes. :eek:

Let's make it a little bigger than that so the Captain knows how to improve it. Right now I can't remember anything but I am sleepy. Maybe in the morning I'll have some ideas... I doubt it. :tounge:

That I have found out there are so many mods available and seen so many pictures of awsome bikes, and I can not afford to make all the mods right now    Bummer  :sad:
Probably a good thing the wife says no, else I would be totally broke.

Other than that, it is all good  :laugh:

Let's make it a little bigger than that so the Captain knows how to improve it. Right now I can't remember anything but I am sleepy. Maybe in the morning I'll have some ideas... I doubt it. :tounge:
Ok, fine. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the man that runs it ain't happy with it and has even gone so far as to consider shuttin' it down. It's future is uncertain. I had a line on another sponsor but I dropped it because I didn't know if the site will continue to exist.

I don't think it's just a money thing either. I think Captain has sort of burned out on it. Don't get me wrong, I can see why he would. He doesn't even have a busa anymore so the true passion that was there when it all started just isn't there. He more or less said recently that the only thing that encouraged him to keep it runnin' was the friends he made with it.

A question... If you sold yer busa, would you still religiously spend the time here that you do now? I think not. Personally, I'd still drop in occasionally to holla at my friends but I wouldn't be in here every day pluggin' away at the threads and keepin' up with things. I played on some photography websites when I was a LOT more serious about photography than I am now. However, when I sold all my pro gear I stopped hittin' some sites all together. Some I only hit maybe once a month.

I also played on the f-body sites when I had my Trans Am. I even moderated on a couple of the sites I played on. I NEVER hit them after I sold the Trans Am. I can't imagine still having to go there and worry with admin duties without more than just a spark of interest in what it goin' on there.

With that in mind, how can Captain stay motivated to put all his time and effort into this site (far more invloved than our playin' here) without a busa to fuel his passion? I think it's just a matter of time before it comes to a head and something happens here. I don't like that because there's no tellin' what that something will be.

It's a helluva a resource but it's uncertainty is startin' to take away from it for me... Just my $.02 though.

Ok, fine. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the man that runs it ain't happy with it and has even gone so far as to consider shuttin' it down. It's future is uncertain. I had a line on another sponsor but I dropped it because I didn't know if the site will continue to exist.

I don't think it's just a money thing either. I think Captain has sort of burned out on it. Don't get me wrong, I can see why he would. He doesn't even have a busa anymore so the true passion that was there when it all started just isn't there. He more or less said recently that the only thing that encouraged him to keep it runnin' was the friends he made with it.

A question... If you sold yer busa, would you still religiously spend the time here that you do now? I think not. Personally, I'd still drop in occasionally to holla at my friends but I wouldn't be in here every day pluggin' away at the threads and keepin' up with things. I played on some photography websites when I was a LOT more serious about photography than I am now. However, when I sold all my pro gear I stopped hittin' some sites all together. Some I only hit maybe once a month.

I also played on the f-body sites when I had my Trans Am. I even moderated on a couple of the sites I played on. I NEVER hit them after I sold the Trans Am. I can't imagine still having to go there and worry with admin duties without more than just a spark of interest in what it goin' on there.

With that in mind, how can Captain stay motivated to put all his time and effort into this site (far more invloved than our playin' here) without a busa to fuel his passion? I think it's just a matter of time before it comes to a head and something happens here. I don't like that because there's no tellin' what that something will be.

It's a helluva a resource but it's uncertainty is startin' to take away from it for me... Just my $.02 though.
2 cents is always worth it. That is why I asked to get many 2 cents worth to add up to $50.00's worth. :D

I don't think there are "$50 worth" of people here willing to post their dislikes for fear of pissin' off the Captain, though. Personally, I think he's cool and can handle anything said as long as it's the truth. Far as I know he's as straight up as they come.

I guess that did sound kinda bad. I meant that if we multiply $.02 by the number of people that will voice their dislikes here, it'd never reach $50. Does that sound better? :super:

I hate the fact I have to hear about you guys riding these incredible machines and I don't have mine yet. Man it sucks to be me!!!!!!!!! FOR NOW ANYWAY :devil: :devil:

I do not like the edit feature.

You should be able to go back and 'change' whenever you want without having a pasted notice reflecting the time/date you edited! :mad:

That is an obsolete feature, IMO.

Honestly I don't find much to bitch about, I mean look at the plethora of knowledge here!

There's a lot of good people here, that freeley share there knowledge. I know that I wouldn't have felt half as confident to do some of the things I did to my baby.

I've only been a member for a couple of months now, but I am very pleased with everything I have found and read on the site.

And I can honestly say that I check the board at least once a day, sometimes more!

Thanks Hayabusa.org!!!!!

:)

Moties that you just cannot insert anywhere except at the end, you know, you cannot just go back and insert moties...makes me have to plan ahead. The layout of the posting window needs to be tweeked. More room to write, moties back in a smaller scrolling window.

Uncertain future, sorta makes things a little less fun...

I sorta haven't paid any attention to the whole backend admin thang. why does this site have to cost anybody anthing? Captain could port it over to proboards.com, or some other free one, assign a couple new admins and move on if needed. No big deal. Life does change and we all need to be flexible. The internet pointers could be pointed there also. I found this site from a google search - #1 if I recall.

I have no complaints, except I'd hate for this to be a burden to anybody.

Back