Just a thought

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Been thinking about this for a while now.........the wheels are always turnin.
When my truck is finished, I'm thinking about building myself a street legal three wheeler.......wiat, b4 ya laugh power will come by way of a blown small block chevy, maybe 5 or 600 hp stuck right below me.
Stick some 33x21.50x15 tires out back with a narrowed 9" rearend, a nice aluminium rear fender to cover it all up, maybe a little wing out back, some billet wheels, a full tube chassis.
I figure it would weigh around 1200 pounds.
1200 lbs and 600 hp.......recipe for fun or what.
Gay idea or not???

unless you got something better to put your time and money into, then go for it

I don't know which is more dangerous, you thinking or you building a 600hp 3 wheeler. :D :D

Nah, how about a 7 second busa to match yer 7 second truck? Sounds like a better plan to me than a suicidal three wheeler. :laugh:

Monster, I think if you could build on that looks really cool, I mean, low slung, ground hugging, hell maybe even Aerodynamic? I think it could be trully amazing...

The power to weight and ability to put that power to the ground would be freakin crazy...

How good are you and fabricating body panels? A semi enclosed V-8 trike would be the shiznit..

Glad to see you here Bro..

gett rid of the excess weight of the small block.  speng the extra money on turboing a busa motor.  you should be able to get 400hp out of it and get some high milage with less weight

A new mod for the Busa ... a 3 wheeler!
That would be something worth building...
Post some pics when you're done! ;)

goldbusa5001_small.jpg

Monster, I think if you could build on that looks really cool, I mean, low slung, ground hugging, hell maybe even Aerodynamic?  I think it could be trully amazing...

The power to weight and ability to put that power to the ground would be freakin crazy...

How good are you and fabricating body panels?  A semi enclosed V-8 trike would be the shiznit..

Glad to see you here Bro..
Now yer talkin Rev.........my sentiments exactly........gimme some tin, and some tubing and I'll make it work.
Actually took some measurements today off a 450 horse small block sittin on the stand in my shop. dry sump oiling can have the thing really low and seriously cool.

gett rid of the excess weight of the small block.  speng the extra money on turboing a busa motor.  you should be able to get 400hp out of it and get some high milage with less weight
But ya still won't have that singing 6 or 8-71 stuffed below ya.........besides, already got a Busa, and if ya squeeze 400 out of a Busa, there goes yer milage anyways.
400 hp 1300cc probably won't last very long before the next build.
Just gotta have a huffed trike, why...........cuz it's different, the Busa trike's been dun. :thumbsup:  :super:

Davetheman there is a thread somewhere that has 9-10 busa trikes all awesome machines.

MSF - I say you only go around once ... and if you build it ---They will come! Go for it!

This has been my own little fantasy for a while. Get yerself an aluminum block (Donavin makes a nice one!) and Hook up with some Al heads. You wouln't even have to build it Maxed out. 4-500 HP would do nicely for the street. Caddy makes a transaxel for their front sheel drives that would bolt to the 350 block. (Not that I've been thinking bout it)

Fastest Shriner-mobile on the planet!

This has been my own little fantasy for a while.  Get yerself an aluminum block (Donavin makes a nice one!) and Hook up with some Al heads.  You wouln't even have to build it Maxed out. 4-500 HP would do nicely for the street.  Caddy makes a transaxel for their front sheel drives that would bolt to the 350 block. (Not that I've been thinking bout it)

Fastest Shriner-mobile on the planet!
Actually thinkin of the Olds Toronado transaxle......same one.
glad to hear that there's other folks out there with ridiculous ideas too.
Already have a 450hp small block in the shop.
High compression motor though......no good for blower and the blower would just make it look/sound so nasty.

Back